Overview of changes
- Courses take place online (exception: practical courses that require a laboratory or similar). Please find information about studying here. From 1 July, additional on-site formats are possible for students in the first semesters or for exam preparation. However, courses that have started digitally will continue online.
- Masks covering mouth and nose (medical face masks, FFP2 masks) are mandatory during all on-campus courses and generally in all buildings of the University. You may take off your mask during on-site examinations.
- Exams are held online or on campus.
- Compulsory COVID-testing before on-site courses: A negative rapid test/PCR test from a certified testing station (rapid test centre in the Mensa, family doctor, pharmacy, etc.) must be presented prior to the course. A complete proof of vaccination (second vaccination at least 2 weeks ago) or a proof of a previous COVID-infection not more than 6 months ago are accepted as equivalent.
- Currently, no negative COVID-test (or equivalent) has to be presented prior to examinations. Exceptions: doctoral and habilitation examinations.
Outlook winter term: Circular email from the Vice President Education
New corona decree study operations: Circular email from the Vice President Education (2 July 2021)
The Central Library is open to the public: Workspaces for studying must be booked online in advance. Please check the kiz homepage for more information. Study areas and reading spaces in the Helmholtzstraße Departmental Library are also available again.
Subject to other regulations in the state's corona decree, the university board intends to adhere to the "Statutes of Ulm University as a consequence of the effect of the corona pandemic in the area of study and teaching ".
- The risk of infection at the workplace must be minimised (staggered presence, home office, partitions). One workstation is permitted per 10m2 (unless everybody present is fully vaccinated, tested or has recovered from a previous COVID-infection).
- A medical face mask/ FFP 2 mask must be worn in all university buildings (exceptions: masks can be taken off at workstations without contact with other people or when eating). Medical masks/ FFP 2 masks are nevertheless mandatory at workstations where the minimum distance cannot be maintained or during activities with increased aerosol emission.
- As of 24 May, employees who are involved in on-site teaching are obliged to present a negative test or an equivalent prior to the course.
The COVID rapid test centre in the Mensa opens its doors on workdays from 6:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Please Book an appointment ("Terminbuchung" in German). Employees may use the testing centre on attendance days at the university during working hours. Taking COVID tests at home or at other test centres cannot be counted as working hours.
Employees can make an appointment with the university's medical service for a COVID-vaccination from Thursday, 3 June. Further information on the website of the Human Resources Department.
Pandemic response stage 3.3 (full text)