From 15 March: Compulsory COVID-vaccination for persons working in hospitals. In addition to students in medical degree programmes, this regulation covers all students whose courses are associated with a hospital as well as doctoral students in clinical research institutions.
Details in the circular email (pdf) from the Vice President Education, Prof. Olga Pollatos
Coronavirus: Ulm University informs
The Corona ordinance study operations has expired on 3 April 2022. Since then, the general Corona ordinance of the federal state applies to universities. This means that unrestricted attendance is possible in the summer semester.
However, due to the current infection situation, we recommend to continue wearing a medical or FFP2 mask indoors at the university. The established hygiene measures and distance rules should continue to be observed in your own interest and in the interest of those around you.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to a summer semester on campus!
As of: 2 June 2022
- With the amendment of the Infection Protection Act, the legal obligation to work at home no longer applies. However, working from home is still possible within certain limits (max. 40 per cent of working time) until 31 July 2022. Further information can be found in the corresponding agreement on special regulations for temporarily working from home.
In the event of a COVID outbreak in close range or an increased risk situation of employees, neither an official quarantine order nor an AU certificate (Arbeitsunfähigkeitsbescheinigung) is currently issued. Superiors should check whether possibilities for further measures can be taken within the framework of risk assessment and occupational health and safety. These could be, for example, sufficient protective measures with regard to contact with people at work or working from home.
Information from the occupational safety on the university's hygiene concept and the preparation of a risk assessment for facilities and institutes.
General information about the coronavirus
Ulm University strives to keep university members up-to-date about the latest developments relating to the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). Hygiene and safety measures have the purpose of protecting students and employees from possible infection.
The coronavirus is mainly transmitted via droplet infection. This can happen directly from person to person via the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, or indirectly via the hands. The symptoms of a coronavirus infection (COVID-19) range from fever, cough and shortness of breath to pneumonia.
We ask all members of the University to avoid physical contacts and to adhere to the same hygiene measures as are common practice during flu epidemics.
These include above all:
- Hand hygiene
- Coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Keeping away (1 - 2 meters) from other people
- Wear a face mask in buildings and everywhere where no distance can be kept
- Ventilate closed rooms regularly
Detailed information on transmission and prevention of the novel coronavirus can be found on the website of the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Persons who show flu-like symptoms and/or suspect that they may be infected with the coronavirus should first contact their general practitioner (by phone).
Outside the working hours of general practitioners, the emergency practices of the Kassenärztliche Vereinigung (KV) are in charge. The phone number for emergency and on-call services throughout Germany is: 116117 (Mon - Fri from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Sat/Sun from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.).
Those who are infected with the new coronavirus (COVID-19) receive medical treatment and are quarantined.
Further Information - coronavirus
- Telephone hotline of the Public Health Department of Baden-Wuerttemberg: 0711 904-39555 (daily 9:00 a.m. to 18:00 p.m.) The state's corona hotline is now also available in English, Turkish and Arabic: 0711 410-11160 Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m. Please also see: www.baden-wuerttemberg.de
- Telephone hotline of the Public Health Department Ulm and Alb-Danube district: 0731 185-1050 (8:30 a.m. to 16:00 p.m.)
- Robert Koch Institute
- World Health Organisation
- University Medical Centre Ulm (in German)
- Information from the student representative body of Ulm University (Studierenvertretung - StuVe)
News - coronavirus
- The Corona ordinance study operations has expired on 3 April 2022. Since then, the general Corona ordinance of the federal state applies to universities.
- The state's corona hotline is now also available in English, Turkish and Arabic: 0711 / 410 11160 Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.