Decentralized power control and management between the utility grid and the microgrid using series transformerless H-bridge inverter.
Since October. 2014: DAAD PhD scholar at the institute of Energy Conversion and Storage, University of Ulm, Germany.
- Major Tasks:
- - Development of power generation control method based P/V droop
- characteristic for the microgrid DGs in time domain.
- - Development of power control strategy of the series transformerless
- H-bridge inverter as a series power flow controller between the
- microgrid and the utility in time domain.
- - Validation of the proposed approaches in frequency domain using
- overall power flow algorithm and optimization functions.
- - Investigation of the islanding and resynchronization process in case
- of short circuit events.
2011-2013: Master of Science in Electrical Power Engineering at Yarmouk University, Jordan.
- Master Thesis Title “Impact of Integration of FACTS Devices on Wind Farm
- Connected to Medium Voltage Grid under Healthy and Faulty Conditions”
- 2004-2009: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering-Power and Control at Mutah
- University, Jordan
- - 10/2011 – 12/2012, Teacher Assistant at Hijjawi Faculty for Engineering Technology
- at Yarmouk University, Jordan.
- - 04.2010 – 10.2010, Substations Maintenance and Testing Engineer
- at National Electric Power Company (NEPCO), Jordan.
1. Qusay. Salem; Jian. Xie, “Transition from grid-connected to islanded drooped microgrid based on islanding detection scheme”, International Journal of Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 36, Issue. 3, pp.112-118, 2016.
2. Qusay. Salem; Jian. Xie, “Active power control using an alternative series connection scheme between the utility grid and Microgrid”, 2016 IEEE 16th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC), Florence, Italy 2016.
3. Qusay. Salem; Ibrahim. Altawil, “Stability Study of Grid-Connected to Multiple Speed Wind Farms with and without FACTS Integration”, International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 168-174, September 2014.
|Fax:||+49 (0)731 5025549|