Decentralized power control and management between the utility grid and the microgrid using series transformerless H-bridge inverter.
Since October. 2014: DAAD PhD scholar at the institute of Energy Conversion and Storage, University of Ulm, Germany.
- Major Tasks:
- - Development of power generation control method based P/V droop
- characteristic for the microgrid DGs in time domain.
- - Development of power control strategy of the series transformerless
- H-bridge inverter as a series power flow controller between the
- microgrid and the utility in time domain.
- - Validation of the proposed approaches in frequency domain using
- overall power flow algorithm and optimization functions.
- - Investigation of the islanding and resynchronization process in case
- of short circuit events.
2011-2013: Master of Science in Electrical Power Engineering at Yarmouk University, Jordan.
- Master Thesis Title “Impact of Integration of FACTS Devices on Wind Farm
- Connected to Medium Voltage Grid under Healthy and Faulty Conditions”
- 2004-2009: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering-Power and Control at Mutah
- University, Jordan
- - 10/2011 – 12/2012, Teacher Assistant at Hijjawi Faculty for Engineering Technology
- at Yarmouk University, Jordan.
- - 04.2010 – 10.2010, Substations Maintenance and Testing Engineer
- at National Electric Power Company (NEPCO), Jordan.
1. Qusay Salem; Jian Xie, “Decentralized power control management with series transformerless H-bridge inverter in low-voltage smart microgrid based P/V droop control”, , Elsevier, Vol. 99, pp. 500-515, 2018.
2. Qusay Salem; Jian Xie, “An overall power flow algorithm to control the active power transfer at PCC in LV-distribution Network”, The 19th International Conference on Industrial Technology ( ), IEEE, Lyon, Feb 2018.
3. Qusay Salem; Jian Xie, “Transition from grid-connected to islanded drooped microgrid based on islanding detection scheme”, International Journal of Power and Energy Systems, ACTA Press, Vol. 36, pp. 112-118, 2016.
4. Qusay Salem; Jian Xie, “Active power control using an alternative series connection scheme between the utility grid and Microgrid”, The 16th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC), IEEE, Florence, June 2016.
5. Qusay. Salem; Ibrahim. Altawil, “Stability Study of Grid-Connected to Multiple Speed Wind Farms with and without FACTS Integration”, International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 168-174, September 2014.
|Fax:||+49 (0)731 5025549|