Mobile Data Collection and Data Science
Institute of Databases and Information Systems
About the position:
The position will be carried out in the context of the European School on Interdisciplinary Tinnitus Research (ESIT), a Marie Sklodowska‐Curie action funded by the EU: www.esit.tinnitusresearch.org
The position shall start in February 2019 and is funded for 3 years. It is a full‐time position according to the Marie Sklodowska‐Curie action salary. Hiring is done by the central university administration.
• Active participation in the training activities of the European School on Interdisciplinary Tinnitus Research (ESIT)
• Harmonization of international data collection across research projects within the ESIT network
• Master's degree in Computer Science or Psychology, but not yet a doctoral degree
• At the time of recruitment, applicants must not have worked or studied more than 12 months during the previous 36 months in Germany
• Preferably, skills and experiences in statistical analyses
• Preferably, skills in mobile application engineering and/or machine learning
• Preferably, basic knowledge and strong interest in psychology or medicine
• Basic experience in clear writing of scientific reports and articles
• Ability and willingness to work as a team player
• Very good skills in English in speech and writing
• A diverse and attractive environment for interdisciplinary research training with close clinical connections
• High‐quality education within the European School on Interdisciplinary Tinnitus Research (ESIT)
• Hands‐on research training in an inter‐disciplinary team of experienced researchers and clinicians
• Excellent opportunities for cooperation with an international team of tinnitus experts and computer scientists
• Excellent supervision on your research project at multiple levels
Ulm University is committed to increase the share of women in research and teaching positions and therefore explicitly encourages female candidates to apply. Preference will be given to disabled applicants with equal qualifications. Please indicate disablement.
Please submit a PDF including cover letter, CV, certificates and two reference letters.