Trung Kien Tran
I am a scientific staff of the Institute of Artificial Intelligence. At the same time, I am doing my Ph.D. under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Birte Glimm and Dr. Yevgeny Kazakov. Before joining the institute, I was a researcher at VU Brussels.
I started my master at TU Dresden in 2009. One year later, I did an internship at Knowledge Based System Group, TU Vienna and completed my master with distinction there. The master thesis focused on query answering for Horn-SHIQ ontologies and was supervised by Prof. Dr. Thomas Eiter, Dr. Mantas Simkus, and Dr. Magdalena Ortiz. More details can be found in my my personal homepage.
- Semantics Web
- Scalable Reasoning
- Graph Databases
- Query Answering
- Thomas Eiter, Magdalena Ortiz, Mantas Simkus, Trung-Kien Tran, Guohui Xiao: Query Rewriting for Horn-SHIQ plus Rules. AAAI 2012.
- Birte Glimm, Yevgeny Kazakov, Thorsten Liebig, Trung-KienTran, Vincen Vialard: Abstraction Refinement for Ontology Materialization. ISWC 2014.
- Birte Glimm, Yevgeny Kazakov, Trung-Kien Tran: Ontology Materialization by Abstraction Refinement in Horn SHOIF. AAAI 2017
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- Best Student Paper Award at 10th International Conference on Web Reasoning and Rule Systems (RR 2016), Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Orar: Ontology Reasoning via Abstraction Refinement system