- SWS: 2V + 2Ü - 6 ECTS
- prerequisites: CS or Medieninformatik (Semester >= 5)
- the lecture will be offered in English
- this lecture will be streamed from Saarbrücken to Ulm or vice versa
- Introduction to Parallel Computing
- Basic Algorithms:
- Map, reduce, parallel branching, sorting
- Parallel data storage and retrieval
- Parallel Computation:
- FFT, linear equation solvers, particle couplings
- Parallel complexity analysis and profiling
- System integration and graphics processor clusters
- Student Projects
- Because of limited resources, students are required to register here for the lecture.
- First lecture on Monday, October 27th, kiz videoconference room.