Ala'a holds a M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering focusing on wireless communication and security. Generally, Ala'a enjoys working on, and conducting research in, topics related to cybersecurity, privacy, and machine learning while addressing potential intersections among them. Previously, he worked on physical layer security, several VANET-related aspects, misbehaviour detection, machine learning, and wireless communication. Recently, his research has been focusing on privacy engineering and privacy enhancing technologies, security enclaves, and privacy-preserving machine learning.
- Security & privacy in ICT systems
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETs)
- Vehicular networks
- Machine learning/Artificial intelligence
- Physical layer-based security models
- IoT applications
- Crypto primitives
- Cellular technologies, e.g. 5G
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETs) [WiSe'15, WiSe'16, WiSe'17, WiSe'18]
- Security and Privacy in Mobile Systems [SoSe'16, SoSe'18, SoSe'19]
- Seminar: Selected Topics in Distributed Systems (Ausgewählte Themen in Verteilten Systemen) [SoSe'16, WiSe'16, SoSe'17, WiSe'17, SoSe'18,WiSe'18, SoSe'19]
- Seminar: Research Trends in Distributed Systems (Forschungstrends in Verteilten Systemen) [SoSe'16, WiSe'16, SoSe'17, WiSe'17, SoSe'18, WiSe'18, SoSe'19]
Please, arrange by Email
Please, encrypt your emails:
GPG public key: download
Fingerprint: 20A4 DD74 803A 058F 2A56 1A98 7AFB 8092 14A1 D6CD
Theses & Projects:
gladly, I am willing to supervise theses and projects related to my research interests. So, do not hesitate to send me an email querying available topics :)
- Ala'a Al-Momani, Kim Wuyts, Laurens Sion, Frank Kargl, Wouter Joosen, Benjamin Erb, and Christoph Bösch. "Land of the Lost: Privacy Patterns’ Forgotten Properties." Accepted at ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing — SAC 2021, PDP - Privacy by Design in Practice, March 22-26, 2021. (pdf)
- Ala’a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "A Comparison of Data Protection Regulations for Automotive Systems." Computers, Privacy and Data Protection Conference — CPDP 2020, Brussels, Belgium, January 22-24, 2020. (YouTube)
- Ala'a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "Ride and Hide: A Study on the Privacy of Ride Hailing Services." IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference — VNC 2019, Los Angeles, California, December 4-6, 2019.
- Ala’a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, Robert Schmidt, Antonio Kung, and Christoph Bösch. "Poster: Towards a Reliable Privacy-Enhanced Model for Software Development." IEEE Security and Privacy — S&P 2019, San Francisco, CA, USA, May 23, 2019.
- Ala’a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, Robert Schmidt, Antonio Kung, and Christoph Bösch. "A Privacy-Aware V-Model for Software Development." IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops, International Workshop on Privacy Engineering — IWPE 2019, San Francisco, CA, USA, May 23, 2019.
- Ala'a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, Robert Schmidt, and Christoph Bösch. "iRide: A Privacy-Preserving Architecture for Self-Driving Cab Service." IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference — VNC 2018, Taipei, Taiwan, December 5-7, 2018.