Special Aspects of Insurance Mathematics (Summer)
Dr. Matthias Börger and Dr. Alexander Kling are both leading academic experts in these areas. They work at the Institut für Finanz- und Aktuarwissenschaften (ifa) and combine scientific work with practical life insurance expertise.
This seminar takes place as a block seminar. The attendance at all seminar dates is required.
The date will be decided at the beginning of the summer semester.
If you have any questions, please contact Hajo Zwiesler (hans-joachim.zwiesler(at)uni-ulm.de)
The seminar will be cover recent innovations in life insurance – in particular concerning
- modern life insurance products and how they can be modeled and
- new methods for modeling longevity, life expectancy and mortality
The participants of the seminar will receive current research papers which will then be presented in the seminar.
The seminar is suitable for Master students in Wirtschaftsmathematik, Wirtschaftswissenschaften or Finance. Previous knowledge in Personenversicherungsmathematik, Insurance Economics and Finanzmathematik 1 are helpful.
Based on the performance, every participant will be credited with a grade.
If you are interested, simply contact Hajo Zwiesler (hans-joachim.zwiesler(at)uni-ulm.de by (at the latest) February 2, 2019 with the following information:
- subject of study, number of semesters
- current overview of grades
- Which lectures have you already heard in Actuarial Science, Financial Mathematics and Finance (including the current semester)?