(please send me a short email in advance)
- 2014: PhD in Applied Mathematics, University of Rouen, France. Thesis title: Approximate hedging with transaction costs in stochastic volatility models. Supervisor: Prof. Serguei Pergamenshchikov
- 5/2007: Msc in Probability and Statistics, University of Natural Sciences, National University HCM City, Vietnam
- 4/2003: Bachelor in Mathematics, University of Pedagogy HCM City, Vietnam.
- 1999-2003: Student in French Program (AUF), Math Department, University of Pedagogy, HCM City, Vietnam.
I am interested in Financial and Insurance Mathematics:
- Risk management for life insurance contracts
- Transaction costs and the problem of approximate hedging
- Jump and stochastic volatility models
- Optimal investment and consumption with risk constraint
- Prospect theory
- Pricing in regime switching models
- SS2018: Risk theory 2 (master) with Mitja Stadje
- SS2018: Seminar in insurance mathematics (master)
- WS2017/2018: Risk theory 1 (master) with Mitja Stadje
- WS2017/2018: Topics in life and pension insurance (master) with An Chen
- SS2017: Risk theory 2 (master) with Mitja Stadje
- SS2017: Seminar in insurance mathematics (master)
- WS2016/2017: Advanced Topics in Insurance and Finance (master)
- WS2016/2017: Rough path theory seminar (master) with Robert Stelzer and Urban Karsten
- SS2015/2016: Special Aspects of Insurance Economics (master seminar) with An Chen
- SS2015/2016: Insurance Economics (bachelor & master)
- WS2015/2016: Selected topics in life and pension insurance (Master program), with Peter Hieber
- WS2015/2016: Special aspects of insurance mathematics (Master seminar with Stefan Schelling)
- 2013,2014: Calculus, linear algebre, general algebre
- 2013-2014: Mathematical methods for insurance (Master program)
- 2008- 2009: Advanced calculus, stochastic processes and their applications
- 2008: Probability and statistics, advanced calculus for business and economics,
- 7/2015: PostDoc researcher at the Institute of Insurance Science
- 2014-6/2015: Assistant Professeur (ATER), University of Rouen, France
- 2013-2014: Assistant Professeur (ATER), University of Rouen, France.
- 2003–10/2010: Lecturer position, University of Economics, HCM City Vietnam.
- 2005–2009: Visiting Lecturer, Hoa Sen University, Vietnam.
Publication and preprint
- Risk management with multiple VaR constraints ( with An Chen, Mitja Stadje), acctepted in Mathematical Methods of Operation Research.
- Optimal investment under VaR-Regulation and Minimum Insurance ( with An Chen, Mitja Stadje), Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, 79:194 – 209, 2018. Link
- Approximate hedging problem with transaction costs in stochastic volatility markets (with S. Pergamenshchikov). Mathematical Finance, vol. 27, no 3, p. 832-865, 2017. Link
- Constrained non-concave utility maximization: an application to life insurance contracts (with An Chen and Peter Hieber), resubmitted to Journal of European Operational Research, in revision.
- Optimal investment and consumption with downside risk constraint in jump-diffusion markets. In revision.
- Approximate hedging with proportional transaction costs in stochastic volatility models with jumps (with S. Pergamenshchikov). In revision.
- Spectral Representation of Multiply Self-decomposable Stochastic Processes and Applications ( with Thu, N. V., Dung, T. A., Dam, D. T. ). In Stochastic Processes And Applications To Mathematical Finance (pp. 245-258), 2007. Link
In progress paper
- Optimal portfolio management with multiple regulations
- Expected utility maximization in endogenous permanent market impacts ( with Mitja Stadje)
- Pareto optimal asset allocation under financial fairness (with An Chen)
- How costly are guarantees? (with An Chen and Manuel Rach)
- Optimal portfolio for equity-linked insurance contracts under VaR-Regulation ( with Mitja Stadje)
- Optimal Investment for equity-linked life insurance contracts: the policyholder problem (with An Chen and Peter Hieber)
- Indifference pricing of insurance products under SAHARA utility (with An Chen and Nils Sorensen)
- Approximate hedging with proportional transaction costs for multi-asset options. 2014
- Approximate hedging with liquidity costs: a point of view from Leland’s spirit. 2015
More information can be found in my google page