The summer school is suitable for PhD and very advanced master students in mathematically oriented programs as well as postdocs who are interested in stochastic methods to model risk. A bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics or with a strong quantitative major is a minimal requirement for application.
Since the total number of participants is limited to 60, applying for participation is mandatory. For 20 foreign attendants the DAAD provides the means for scholarships covering accomodation (in two bed hotel rooms including breakfast), the registration fee and a flat rate (amount depending on the country of origin; a table with the maximum possible amounts can be found here) for the travel costs. To be considered for the scholarships please stress in your applications that you are applying for participation and a scholarship.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Mrs. Eva Nacca.
Deadline for applications: May 31, 2012
Decisions on the applications will be send in mid June by e-mail.
The application should contain the following:
- personal statement (explain why you want to attend this summer academy)
- letter of recommendation (usually by scientific advisor)
- personal data sheet using the following form
- diploma (e.g. bachelor, master or PhD)
- list of scientific publications and talks (if any)
- scientific curriculum vitae
- in case you want to present your own research in a talk: title and short abstract
All documents should be sent by e-mail, preferably in pdf format.