- Scope of the program: Scientific principles, experimental research, analytical methods and applications in the interdisciplinary fields of nanomaterials and biomaterials
- Emphasis on lab work: Students get trained in conducting scientific experiments, recording and analyzing experimental data. Lab courses deal with modern physics and materials, materials science, materials used in medicine and employment of modern analytical methods and devices.
- Independent research project: For completion of the program students work independently on an experimental master´s thesis project in an area/institute of their choice.
- Multidisciplinarity: The master program aims at getting together students, teachers and researchers from different disciplines in natural sciences and engineering science.
Educational requirements to be met by future students:
- Solid undergraduate education in mathematics and physics or mathematics and chemistry.
- Good basic knowledge in materials science is beneficial.
- Willingness to close potential gaps in basic knowledge in mathematics, natural sciences and materials sciences quickly. Students will attend demanding intensive courses that summarize basics and lead to advanced topics fast.
- Willingness to actively participate in classes, labs and seminars.
- Social skills to live and study in a multicultural, scientifically and personally stimulating environment.