How to apply for Physics M. Sc.
The application to the "Physics" Master of Science programme consists of the stages reported below.
Please read carefully the information below regarding the online registration and the required documents.
How to Apply
Start of application period
16th March of each year for winter semester
15th October of each year for summer semester
End of application period
15th June of each year for winter semester
15th January of each year for summer semester
Start of the programme
1st October of each year for winter semester
1st April of each year for summer semester
Online registration and documents download
Please follow the link to the Online Registration (availble only during the registration phase).
You will be asked to enter the following data: personal data, information on Bachelor degree and the university where you obtained it.
At the end of the online registration, you will receive a confirmation email.
Documents to be downloaded before closing the online registration:
- Data View of your records showing the data you entered.
- Cover Sheet for the application package, it carries your application number
After completing the online registration, please proceed to fill the Application Form.xlsx .
The application form is provided by the “Physics” office and it is available for download here during application period.
It is very important that the application form is filled correctly with information on the grading system at your university as well as information on the courses you attended. If the application form is not filled properly, your application will be rejected.
The filled application form has to be sent by e-mail (excel file is ok) to the address:
Please enter all the required data:
- Application number, received during the online registration.
- Grading system at your university:
Does a credit point or credit hour system exist at your university? Please enter the max. grade and min. passing grade.
- Final grade of your Bachelor degree or current grade point average (GPA) of all courses (if you have not yet finished the Bachelor programme).
- Courses details: title, credit points/credit hours earned, grade (it has to be consistent with the max. /min. passing grade entered). Please copy the title exactly as it is stated on your transcript of records, all the information entered have to be retrievable in your transcript.
Documents to send
Please send the documents listed below (only copies of official documents!) by regular mail to the following postal address:
- Ulm University
89081 Ulm, Germany
The Application package must reach our office before 18 June!
1. Cover sheet Please sign it and fill in the date. 2. Data View 3. Application form Printout of the form that was already send by email, please sign it and fill in the date. 4. Curriculum Vitae
- The CV has to be complete, i.e. there should be no gaps and should to cover the time period since you finished your Bachelor degree,
- insert your name, application number and signature.
5. Transcripts of records (copy!) All semesters studied in the Bachelor programme and exams taken have to be reported. If the transcripts are not written in English or German you have to provide copies of the certified English translation. 6. Official information on Grading Unless already reported in the transcripts, please provide an official document from your university on the grading system (maximum grade, minimal passing grade, conversion of letter grades to number grades). 7. Bachelor degree certificate (copy!) The final grade has to be reported. If the certificate is not in English or German you have to provide copies of the certified English translation. 8. English certificate (copy!)
TOEFL (ibT) test with minimum score: 88
IELTS test with minimum score: 6,5
any English Language Certificate corresponding to the same according to the CEFR (Common European Framework Reference for Languages)
evidence that the Bachelor was completed exclusively in English.
Applicants who are English native speakers don't have to submit any English test result.
Students are welcome to apply without an English certificate, however they should plan a test as soon as possible. A valid English certificate has to be presented at the moment of enrollment the latest.
9. APS-certificate (original!)
- Required for students from China, Vietnam and Mongolia.
Further information: APS China, APS Vietnam, APS Mongolia
10.* Module Handbook We strongly recommend all non-EU applicants to send the Module Handbook containing the module description, workload and hours of lessons. This is mostly in the interest of each applicant as it would greatly help the Admission Commission in the evaluation process.
You will obtain a confirmation e-mail once we received all necessary documents.
- We do not accept documents sent by fax or attached to e-mails (only exception: application form which has to be sent both via e-mail and by regular mail).
- All envelopes sent have to contain a copy of the cover sheet carrying your name and application number to ensure that the documents can be allocated correctly.
- Application is not valid if documents are sent without prior online registration.
- Do not send any certificates not related to your academic or professional qualifications.
- We cannot return any documents.
- Ulm University
Graduates of the University of Ulm with a BSc degree in Physics or Wirtschaftsphysik, should use the application form "Antrag auf Studiengangwechsel / Umschreibung vom Bachelor in den Master". For more information please read here.