Prof. Dr. Susana F. Huelga
Phone: +49 / 731 / 50 - 22901
How to Find Us:
The nearest airports are Stuttgart (80 km), München (135 km), Augsburg, and Frankfurt (260 km). Then, Ulm can be easily reached by train (ICE, EC and IC rail services): cost around 30-60 €.
From Stuttgart airport:
- Take S-Bahn (lines 2 or 3) to Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof (“main station”), and get off after ~ 30′
- Take a train to Ulm Hauptbahnhof. There are hourly direct ICE/IC/EC (high-speed trains, travel time around 50′) and RE (regional trains, around 60′)
From Munich airport:
- Take S-Bahn (lines 8 and 1) and get off at Munich Hauptbahnhof (“main station”) after ~ 45′
- Take a train to Ulm Hauptbahnhof. There are hourly direct ICE/IC/EC (high-speed trains, 80′) and RE (regional trains, 100′)
From Frankfurt airport:
- Walk to Frankfurt (Main) Fernbahnhof (10′ from the terminal)
- Take a train to Ulm Hauptbahnhof (“main station”). There are direct ICE (high-speed trains) every 60′ but for some of them you will have to change at Mannheim where connecting trains usually wait on the other side of the platform. Travel time is around 150′.
For more info about train tickets and time schedule: https://www.bahn.de/p/view/index.shtml.
Ulm is located at the ICE track München-Stuttgart. Train tickets and time schedule are available at https://www.bahn.de/p/view/index.shtml.
How to reach Ulm University by bus from the main railway station “Ulm Hauptbahnhof”
Unfortunately the bus stop in front of the main rail station was moved to the central bus station.
However the central bus station (ZOB) is only one walking minute away from the main rail station Ulm: When you leave the station building please turn right. When you have passed the parking place for cars you can already see the central bus station in front of you. Please choose bus stop /bus platform H1. From there the bus line no. 3 (best connection!!) runs every 10 to 15 minutes to the university, indicated direction: “Wissenschaftsstadt”, or “Science Park”; exit bus stop “Universität Süd”.
Bus schedule from the central bus station (ZOB) to Ulm University (Universität Süd)
More info about local buses and time schedule (but only in German) are available at http://www.ding-ulm.de.
From the highway A8: Leave A8 at the exit Ulm West (No. 62). From there take the direction Ulm on the national road B10. Leave B10 at the exit Wissenschaftsstadt. Follow the road until you can turn left to Universität. Turn left again at the next crossing to reach the parking area.
How to reach us:
Institute of Theoretical Physics (O25), Albert-Einstein-Allee 11, D-89081 Ulm
The university is split up into different buildings, built up like a chessboard (see plan).
The entrance Süd (south) is in the building O25.
The numbers of the buildings are painted at the walls (nearby the stairs or above the elevators). Please go to the second floor (level 4, yellow walls).
If you need support, please contact
Tel.: ++49 (0)731 50-22911
Most Recent Papers
Dissipation-Assisted Matrix Product Factorization, Physical Review Letters, 123, 100502 (2019)
Efficient Simulation of Finite-Temperature Open Quantum Systems, Physical Review Letters, 123, 090402 (2019)
Breaking the quantum adiabatic speed limit by jumping along geodesics, Science Advances, 5, eaax3800 (2019)
Institute of Theoretical Physics
D - 89069 Ulm
Tel: ++49 / 731 / 50 - 22911
Fax: ++49 / 731 / 50 - 22924
Office: Building O25, room 410
Click here if you are interested in applying to the group