Dominik Engel, M. Sc.
Dominik Engel joined the Visual Computing Research Group in December 2018. He finished his M.Sc. in 2018 with a focus on Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Deep Learning. Prior to that he completed his Bachelor degree in 2016, also at the University of Ulm.
- Deep Learning Techniques for Computer Graphics
- Deep Learning in Volume Rendering
- Differentiable Rendering
- Generative Models
- Deep Learning for Graphics and Visualization Summer School 2019
- Deep Learning for Graphics and Visualization Winter Term 19/20
- Deep Learning for Graphics and Visualization Winter Term 20/21
- Deep Learning for Graphics and Visualization Winter Term 21/22
- Deep Learning Dataset Generation using Mitsuba2
- Optimizing Depth through Differentiable Volume Rendering
- Niklas Trieu - "Generative Models for Order-Independent Point Clouds"
- Jannes Lehwald - "Development of a Context-Aware Simulation-Based Worker Assistance using Human Simulation Data"
Open Thesis Topics
I'm currently mainly working on Deep Learning techniques in Computer Graphics and Computer Vision. I am interested in everything around those topics.
If you are interested in writing a thesis that fits in those topics, feel free to send me an email or come by my office.