Business Ethics WS 2018/2019
After successful completion of this module, students are able to
- analyse economic-ethical texts, reconstruct and evaluate their argumentation and present it in front of an audience
- capture and structure sustainable economic problems according to case examples
- take decisions on the basis of business ethics and methodical approaches
- develop strategies to put the newly gained knowledge into practice
- think interdisciplinary
- work communicatively and independently in teams
The lecture consists of two modules that build on one another in terms of content and didactic concept.
In the introductory seminar (first course) students will learn about the philosophical foundations of business ethics - from antiquity to the present - and how to classify them.
In the project seminar (second course) students are given the opportunity to put the philosophical foundations they have learned into practice. During this course they will evaluate limits and possibilities of philosophical and ethical decision models according to specific economic applications and different sustainability concepts.
- Aßländer, M.: Handbuch Wirtschaftsethik, Stuttgart / Weimar 2011.
- Herold, N.: Einführung in die Wirtschaftsethik, Darmstadt 2012.
- Homann, K.; Lütge, C.: Einführung in die Wirtschaftsethik, Berlin 2013.
- Noll, B.: Grundrisse der Wirtschaftsethik, Stuttgart 2010.
- Ulrich, P.: Integrative Wirtschaftsethik, Bern / Stuttgart / Wien 2008.
Dr. Jörg-Wilhelm Wernecke
Schedule and Classroom
2 November 2018 from 09:30 to 18:30 (Rittersaal - Villa Eberhardt)
3 November 2018 from 09:30 to 18:30 (Rittersaal - Villa Eberhardt)
8 February 2019 from 09:30 to 18:30 (Rittersaal - Villa Eberhardt)
compulsory modules, M.Sc. Sustainable Management