Core Unit Extracellular Flux Analyzer
The Core Facility Extracellular Flux Analyzer operates a state-of-the-art Seahorse XFe96 Extracellular Flux Analyzer (Agilent Biotechnologies), which allows parallel analysis of mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis in real time. Analyses are performed in 96-well plates and determine oxygen consumption rate (OCR) and extracellular acidification rate (ECAR), together providing information on oxidative phosphorylation, glycolysis and substrate utilization.
Adherent cells as well as permeabilized cells or isolated mitochondria are suitable for measurement. Depending on the scientific question, various substrates or inhibitors can be added during the measurement; ready-to-use kits are available for this purpose.
The technique is non-invasive. After the measurement the cells can be used for additional analyses.
Further information on the technology can also be found on the homepage of the manufacturer (Agilent).
- Introductory training
- Support in the conception, execution, and evaluation of experiments
- Support in the optimization of experiments
- Data analysis
- Provision of analysis kits and reagents
- Full service analysis
Devices and facilities
- Seahorse XFe96 Flux Analyzer
- Access to cell culture facilities
- Cellular energy metabolism and mitochondria research
- Obesity, diabetes and metabolic disorders
- Stem cell research
Mon-Fri: 9 am to 5 pm
(after arrangement by phone)
Ulm University Medical Center
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
Michelsberg, House 16, Room E15