E-Media: Activations during the Corona crisis
Most free corona trials offered by different publishers have ended. The activations are valid for different periods of time and represent an additional offer to the regular licenses of the kiz.
The regular licenses of the kiz can be found here:
- Beck-Online: the database can only be accessed with a personal account. Please follow the publisher's instructions on how to initially create an account.
- Elsevier: Covid-19 Information Center. PubMed Central and the WHO database provides access to relevant full texts including Data Mining.
- Springer Nature: all research articles on Covid-19 available in Open Access.
- Wiley: Overview: Corona-relevant contents .
- WoltersKluwer: Uptodate Covid-19, Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Ressources, Ovid's COVID-19 Toolkit for Clinicians.
- CUP: Coronavirus Free Access Collection
- DIN-Norms for medical equipment freely availavle on the publishers website until further notice: To the offer.
- Duke University Press offers a thematic collection: Threat of Pandemic Syllabus
- IOP Publishing: Covid-19 FAQs, relevante Artikel.
- MAG (Mark Allen Group): free available aritcles: Covid-19 in the Online Library
- NEJM: NEJM Topic page, NEJM Case Reports (Access to the Case Report only with license). Access at home / at the clinic: Log in to the campus network once with your personal NEJM account and then take your campus license with your personal account for 90 days.
- Taylor & Francis: Articles dealing with the corona virus are freely available: Access via: Taylor & Francis.
- Thieme: Playlist Covid-19.
FAQ's on the use of electronic resources
The University's Electronic Journals Library (EZB) currently provides full text access to over 25,000 journals, of which over 5,400 are actively licensed by the University. Scans can be requested from the 353 print magazines. (Central library or BB Helmholtzstr.).
Many research and study contents are available via free and licensed databases. The best way to get a subject overview of the databases available in Ulm is to use the Database Information System (DBIS). We would like to point out the following offers in particular:
Interesting for the study:
- Amboss (Medicine)
- Thieme eRef textbooks and Prometheus-Anatomieatlas (Medicine)
- Jove (Medicine, Biology)
- PhysikOnline (Physics)
- Safari TechBooks (E-Book-collection primarily computer science)
The following are relevant for research:
- Springer Experiments und JOVE (Natural Science)
- Ovid Datenbanken (Medicine and Psychology)
- SciFinder-n (Chemie, Login via Account on request)
- Reaxys (Chemistry)
- Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry (Chemistry)
- IEEE Xplore (Engineering Sciences and Computer Science)
- INSPEC (Engineering Sciences and Computer Science)
- ACM Digital Library (Engineering Sciences and Computer Science)
- TEMA/(WTI (Engineering Sciences)
- Beck Online sowie Juris inkl. Staudinger (Jurisprudence)
- Business Source Premier und Statista (Economics)
- MathSciNet und SIAM (Math)
Since 2018 the kiz has been constantly expanding the offer of existing e-books. Contents which cannot be offered directly via the publishing platforms are acquired via Ebook-Central (EBC). Purchase requests on e-books are still possible within the emergency operation.
Newspapers and magazines
The newspaper display of the kiz can no longer be used for everyday reading. We can give you access to various media:
The F.A.Z. and the SZ are available digital!
A whole range of daily newspapers, weekly newspapers and magazines is available via the WISO database, including e.g. Handelsblatt, magazines from the heise publishing house such as c't, iX ...
IP-Range / VPN
The majority of electronic resources can be accessed via a VPN connection from the home office. An anonymous use of the contents can be guaranteed via VPN.
Shibboleth / EZ Proxy
We try to provide alternative access methods for all providers. Usually a login via Shibboleth or EZProxy should be possible. However, not all providers support these methods.
In case of access problems please contact the helpdesk of the kiz.
Please note that you cannot establish a VPN connection from the clinic network to the campus network of the university. Use the terminal browser "Chrome Uni-Ulm" to access electronic resources.
Due to the current situation, many publishers are currently offering free temporary licenses (e.g. in the form of trials) as a gesture of goodwill. Existing license portfolios are being increased or opened up completely. The kiz has no influence on the duration of the offers: selectively there may be restrictions regarding the access to electronic resources which are not part of the license portfolio of the university.