Dr. Sandro Donadi
Institute for Theoretical Physics
Albert-Einstein Allee 11
D-89081 Ulm, Germany
My Research Interests
My research interests range from foundations of Quantum Mechanics to Open Quantum Systems. In the past years, my research was mainly focused on “Collapse model”, phenomenological models introduced to resolve the measurement problem. In the last two years, I got more involved in Open Quantum Systems, and I am studying their dynamics through Stochastic Schroedinger Equations which unravel their Master Equations.
My selected Publications
1) Unitary unravelling for the Dissipative Continuous Spontaneous Localization model: application to optomechanical experiments.
J. Nobakht, M. Carlesso, S. Donadi, M. Paternostro, A. Bassi
Phys. Rev. A 98(4), 042109(2018).
2) Bounds on collapse models from cold-atom experiments.
M. Bilardello, S. Donadi, A. Vinante, A. Bassi.
Physica A 462,764-782 (2016).
3) The emission of electromagnetic radiation from a quantum system interacting with an external noise: A general result.
S. Donadi, A. Bassi.
J. Phys. A: Math.Theor. 48, 035305 (2015).
4) The Schrödinger-Newton equation and its foundations.
M. Bahrami, A. Großardt, S. Donadi, A. Bassi.
New J. Phys. 16, 115007 (2014).
5) On spontaneous photon emission in collapse models.
S. L. Adler, A. Bassi, S. Donadi.
J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 46, 245-304 (2013).
Most Recent Papers
Nanoscale Dynamic Readout of a Chemical Redox Process Using Radicals Coupled with Nitrogen-Vacancy Centers in Nanodiamonds, ACS Nano 2020, 14, 12938–12950
Accessible coherence in open quantum system dynamics, Quantum 4, 249 (2020)
Giant shift upon strain on the fluorescence spectrum of VNNB color centers in h-BN, npj Quantum Inf 6, 85 (2020)
Institute of Theoretical Physics
D - 89069 Ulm
Tel: ++49 / 731 / 50 - 22911
Fax: ++49 / 731 / 50 - 22924
Office: Building M26, room 4117
Click here if you are interested in applying to the group