are students at a foreign university
- who apply for a study abroad period at Universität Ulm
- whose home university does not have an existing exchange agreement with Universität Ulm
- who do not hold a scholarship from any official scholarship organisation (e. g. DAAD) to support their study abroad period at Universitaet Ulm.
After successful application visiting students will be admitted as temporary non-degree students for a maximum period of two semesters. Once they are admitted, temporary students have the same rights and obligations as degree seeking students, but they cannot be awarded a degree from Universität Ulm.
Please note that for capacity reasons we cannot accept applications for clinical rotation periods and into our MSc program "Molecular Medicine"!
A good alternative for foreign medical students wishing to do clinical training in Germany is to apply to the Professional Exchange Program of the IFMSA (International Federation of Medical Students Associations). Besides the organisation of your practical training by the German partner organization BVMD, you will get free-of-charge accommodation and sometimes even pocket-money. The local BVMD group of medical students arranges leisure activities for foreign incomings and takes care of them during their stay.
General Requirements for Admission as Temporary Non-Degree Student
- At the date of application for admission into an undergraduate program: proof of one successful year of study at home university in the same field.
- Graduate Programs:
By the time they start their study abroad period at Universität Ulm applicants for temporary admission into a graduate program must have completed either
- a Bachelor degree or
- 3 years of study - or
- an equivalent of 180 ECTS
English taugt courses:
TOEFL iBT score of 88 or IELTS 6.5 minimum
German taught courses:
Proof of DSH-2-exam or an equivalent. The following test results are recognized as equivalent of a passed DSH-2:
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom [Stufe II]
- Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung [ZOP] of the Goethe-Institut
- Kleines deutsches Sprachdiplom of the "Goethe-Institut im Auftrag der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München"
- Großes deutsches Sprachdiplom of the "Goethe-Institut im Auftrag der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München"
- TestDaF with the result 4 x 4 (enrollment under certain conditions) or better (2 x 5 and 2 x 4 or better results in an unconditional enrollment)
- the exam from the preparatory course (Feststellungsprüfung) of a German preparatory college (Studienkolleg)
- Application documents will be sent to the Dean of Students in the respective study program / school.
- If study program / school is willing to accept the applicant, application documents will be sent to the International Office.
- The International Office issues the official acceptance letter for admission as temporary non-degree student.
German universities do not award any scholarships or provide financial aid. Incomings may apply for a scholarship at any institution in their home country or at German institutions through the German Embassy, the Goethe-Institute or the DAAD office (German Academic Exchange Service) in their home country.
The International Office does not provide accommodation for temporary visiting students.
Once accepted students should not forget to bring the required documents which are needed for matriculation and temporary residency permit.
For more information please visit the website of the Internationale Office.
Applicants who need entry visas to Germany: 5 months before beginning of study period at U Ulm
Applicants from countries with visa waiver: 3 months before beginning of study period at U Ulm