- Degree: Master of Science
- Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
- Application period:
Winter semester: 01.04 - 15.05
Summer semester: 15.10 - 15.11
- Start: winter and summer semester
- Language: English
- Tuition fees: 1500 Euro
- Administrative fees:
ca. 180 Euro each semester
Master of Science in Physics
Dr. Rachele Fermani
Coordinator M. Sc. "Physics" and M. Sc. "Biophysics"
Office hours: Mo-Thu 9 am - 12 am
Department of Physics
89081 Ulm, Germany
Tel.: ++49 (0) 731-50-22292
Our Master Programme in Physics
The main goals of Physics are to gain a deep understanding of the universe at its most fundamental levels and to extend such knowledge to more complicated systems ranging from the subatomic to the cosmological scale. Physics can then be considered the basis for all natural sciences and the bearing structure of any modern technological development.
This is well reflected in our master programme in Physics which prepares graduates for careers in research and teaching at the university level or research in industrial laboratories. Students enrolling in the two year Master's programme will broaden their previous background in general physics and will be supported in carrying on their first independent research project.
Students graduating in the Master degree programme in Physics:
- have a deep knowledge of methods and techniques relevant for the chosen specialization area of physics;
- are ready to work in a cutting-edge international research environment;
- have learned to plan, set up and conduct a research project;
- know how to model a physical system both numerically and analytically;
- have developed key skills such as the ability to work in a team and communication skills.
We are looking for very motivated and above-average students, willing to go beyond the standard class experience and able to make the most of our flexible programme. If you are interested in our M. Sc. Physics, please have a look ot our research areas and application procedure.