Tim studied Mathematics and Economics ("Wirtschaftsmathematik") at Ulm University and at Fudan University, Shanghai. He has been a visiting researcher at the National University of Singapore from April to May 2023. Previously, Tim worked in Investment Banking and for a Big Four accounting firm.
- Financial Markets
- Market Microstructure
- Forensic Finance
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Market Manipulation
- Crypto Assets
with Andre Guettler.
- Spanish Finance Association (AEFIN) Finance Forum 2021
- AEFIN PhD Mentoring Day 2021
- International Young Finance Scholars Conference (Peking University) 2021
- German Finance Association (DGF) Annual Meeting 2021, Innsbruck
- Swiss National Bank (SNB) Microstructure Conference 2021, Zurich
- National University of Singapore Brown Bag Seminar 2023
with Andre Guettler.
- Spanish Finance Association (AEFIN) Finance Forum 2022, Santiago de Compostela
- AEFIN PhD Mentoring Day 2022, Santiago de Compostela
- British Accounting and Finance Association 2022, Bristol
- Auckland Centre for Financial Research Conference on Derivative Markets 2022
- MIT Golub Center for Finance and Policy (GCFP) 2022, Cambridge, MA
- Boca Corporate Finance and Governance Conference, Boca Raton, FL
- Paris December Finance Meeting 2022
- Chain Workshop 2023, Blockchain Center Kassel University
- Singapore Blockchain and Impact Conference 2023, Singapore Management University
- Economics of Financial Technology Conference 2023, Edinburgh (scheduled)
It has been included into the discussion paper series of the Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
There is also a short and non-technical Medium article covering our main findings.
Previous Title: "Bitcoin Flash Crash on May 19, 2021: What did really happen on Binance?"
- ProTrainU Science Career Accelerator 2023 (10 000 EUR)
- Swiss Derivative Awards 2022, First Prize (5 000 CHF)
- CFA Quant Awards 2022 (500 EUR), CFA Society
- BAI Science Award 2020 (1 000 EUR) of the German Association for Alternative Investments (Bundesverband Alternative Investments e.V.)
- Dr. Hans Riegel Award 2015, First Prize in Mathematics (600 EUR), University of Düsseldorf
- Winter 2023/2024: Research in Finance
- Winter 2023/2024: Fundamentals of Business Administration
- Summer 2023: Valuation
- Summer 2023: Project Class Asset Management
- Winter 2022/2023: Research in Finance
- Winter 2022/2023: Fundamentals of Business Administration
- Winter 2022/2023: Business Unit Strategy and Corporate Finance
- Summer 2022: Valuation
- Summer 2022: Project Class Asset Management
- Winter 2021/2022: Research in Finance
- Winter 2021/2022: Introduction to Business Administration
- Winter 2021/2022: Business Unit Strategy and Corporate Finance
- Summer 2021: Valuation
- Summer 2021: Project Class Asset Management
I offer Master thesis supervision for motivated students. Have a look at our proposals or feel free to bring your own idea.
Phone: +49 731 50 - 3 10 33
Fax: +49 731 50 - 3 10 32
Institute of Strategic Management and Finance