We invite the submission of original papers on the workshop themes.
We distinguish between the following categories of submissions:
- Long Research Papers are reserved for reports on mature research results. The expected length of a long paper should be in the range of 8-12 pages.
- Short Research Papers should not exceed 6 pages in total. Authors may choose this category if they wish to report on smaller case studies or ongoing but interesting and original research efforts.
- Demo Submissions - System Papers: Authors who wish to demonstrate their system during IWSDS'12 may choose this category and provide a description of their system, installation, or demo. System papers should not exceed 6 pages in total.
Templates for formatting
The file Art Guidelines.pdf explains the requirements for submitting figures that are acceptable. Please pay particular attention to the guidelines about colour figures.
The EasyChair Conference System is used as the paper submission server for IWSDS 2012. To open the EasyChair Login Page for the IWSDS 2012 in a separate window, follow this link:
If you already have an EasyChair account from another conference, you can use that account to submit a paper to IWSDS 2012.
1) If you never used EasyChair Conference System before, click “sign up for an account” for instructions on how to setup an EasyChair account.
2) You will have to indicate your name, give a password and a valid e-mail address.
3) You will then receive a confirmation e-mail. To continue, click the embedded link.
4) Complete the sign-up process by filling out your account information and clicking ”create my account”.
5) You will then be shown a confirmation and be given a link returning you to the sign-in page (from step1).
6) Sign in with the user name and password you provided in step 2.
7) Click “New Submission” to upload your abstract.
8) Make sure your correspondence information is correct. Further down you can add keywords to make your paper easily searchable.
9) Next, you can add authors to your submission manually.
To add co-authors with whom you have already submitted a paper via EasyChair press “click here to add an associate” and select them from the list.
10) Upload your (full) submission by clicking “Browse” and finding the corresponding file (in pdf). Click “Submit Paper” to finish.
11) You will then be taken to your paper's main page which will have several links in the top right hand corner. Here, you have the options to update or withdraw your submission until the submission deadline.
12) To submit an updated version of your paper, click “Submit a New Version” and attach your updated paper (in pdf). The version that will be considered for reviewing will be the one deposited here at the time of the submission deadline.
13) The same updating process as in step12 will be used for submitting the final version of the selected papers after the review.
The paper should be formatted according to the template and style described above (for Latex and Word)
IWSDS 2012 requires that all authors wishing to present a paper take into account:
<>The paper is substantially original and will not be submitted to any other conference or journal during the IWSDS 2012 review period.
<>The paper does not contain any plagiarism.
<>The paper will be presented by one of the authors in-person at the conference site according to the schedule published. Any paper accepted in the technical program, but not presented on-site will be withdrawn from the official conference proceedings.