Within the main theme, we invite submissions especially on the following topics:
- Robot dialogues and smooth communication
- Engagement and emotion in human-robot interactions
- Symbiosis between robots and humans
- Educational and healthcare robot applications
- Digital resources for interactive applications
- Multi-modal and machine learning methods
- Companions, personal assistants and dialogue systems
- Proactive and anticipatory interactions
- Dialogue systems and reasoning
- Big data and large scale spoken dialogue systems
The workshop will feature two special themes and one special session, for which submissions are encouraged. Please see Special Themes page for more information about the sessions.
- Multi-domain Dialog Systems
- Evaluation of Human-Robot Dialog in Social Robotics
- Chatbots and Conversational Agents
However, submissions are not limited to these topics, and submission of papers in all areas of spoken dialogue systems is encouraged. We particularly welcome papers that can be illustrated by a demonstration, and will organize the conference in order to best accommodate these papers, whatever their category.
As usual, a selection of accepted papers will be published in a book by Springer following the conference (Springer LNEE series, SCOPUS and other important indexes).