Sustainable Consumption and Alternative Economy
- Triggering interests in sustainable and alternative consumption
- Strengthening motivations and skills for sustainable development through alternative consumption practices
- Teaching the scientific foundations of sustainable/alternative consumption
- Uncovering the topic of sustainable consumption within the framework of alternative business models
Overview of main topics of sustainable/alternative consumption:
- Definition of sustainable consumption
- Definition of alternative business models
- Relevance of the sustainability of consumption
- Economic growth and sustainable consumption
- Actors of sustainable consumption
- Basic strategies of sustainable consumption
- Responsibility of companies for offering alternative business models
- Consumer responsibility for sustainable consumption
- Jackson, T. (2009): Prosperity without Growth: Economics for a Finite Planet. London/ New York.
- Reisch, L.A./ Thøgersen, J. (Ed) (2015): Handbook of Research on Sustainable Consumption. Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham.
- Botsman, R./ Rogers, R. (2011): What's Mine Is Yours. Collins, London.
- Lange, S./ Santarius, T. (2018): Smarte grüne Welt?: Digitalisierung zwischen Überwachung, Konsum und Nachhaltigkeit. Oekom Verlag, München.
- Schäfer, M./ Jaeger-Erben, M./ Bamberg, S. (2012): Life Events as Windows of Opportunity for Changing Towards Sustainable Consumption Patterns? Results from an Intervention Study, in: Journal of Consumer Policy, 35, P. 65-84.
The lecture earns you 5 credit points and is open for:
- Nachhaltige Unternehmensführung (Master)