Applications and pertaininig documents which are sent to Ulm University by email will not be accepted. Please send your application and required documents in paper form by regular mail. They have been received no later than the last day of the application period at the following address
- German applicants: Ulm University, D-89069 Ulm
- Applicants with foreign nationality and EU citizens:
Ulm University, c/o uni-assist e.V., D-11507 Berlin
Entrance Requirements Master's Programme in Molecular and Translational Neuroscience
Entrance requirements are:
- Proof of a Bachelor's degree with examination results in programmes in biology, biochemistry, molecular medicine, pharmaceutical biotechnology, physiological chemistry, neurobiology, biopsychology or any other programme with essentially the same content at any higher education institution in Germany or abroad or any degree recognised as equivalent awarded after a minimum of three years of study.
Examination results must comply with one of the following criteria
- final grade of the Bachelor's degree of 2.5 or better,
or if the degree has not yet been completed
- examination results showing an average of 2.8 or better based on a workload of 140 or more ECTS credits by the application deadline.
- Proof of adequate English language competence; this can be the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum of 570 points (paper-based TOEFL) or 230 points (computer-based TOEFL) or 88 points (internet-based TOEFL) or any comparable proof, e.g. IELTS with an overall band score of at least 6.5.
This does not apply to applicants
- who are native English speakers, or
- whose Bachelor's or other undergraduate programme was taught exclusively in English, or
- who have earned a minimum of 6 ECTS credits in courses taught in English during their studies to date.
Where the number of applicants fulfilling the above criteria exceeds the number of available places, selection is based on the level of qualification determined by the average grade of the Bachelor's degree or, respectively, the average grade of all examinations passed in the respective programme by the application deadline.
Required Documents Master's Programme in Molecular and Translational Neuroscience
The following documents must be attached to the online application:
- Application form
- Data view (only for German applicants)
- Copy of the Bachelor's degree in programmes in biology, biochemistry, molecular medicine, pharmaceutical biotechnology, physiological chemistry, neurobiology, biopsychology or any other programme with essentially the same contents and a transcript of records of the examinations taken during the Bachelor's Programme with average grade of your Bachelor's degree
- If the Bachelor's degree has not yet been granted: Copy of transcript of records of all programme achievements and examination results obtained in the course of studies with average grade and the received workload up to the end of the application period
- Grading system of your studies abroad indicating the minimum grade required for passing the Bachelor's degree as well as the highest grade possible. If this information is not given in the degree certificate/transcript, it must be provided separately in an official document or letter
- Copy of official translation of the documents into English or German (if the originals are not in German or English)
- Proof of adequate English language competence: English as native language, TOEFL with a minimum of 570 points in the paper-based TOEFL, 230 points in the computer-based TOEFL or 88 points in the internet-based TOEFL or the IELTS with a minimum of 6.5 points or a proof of at least 6 ECTS credits in courses taught in English during the study
- In case of exceptional hardship: evidence of exceptional hardship (detailed statement of reasons and relevant proof)
- For applicants with Chinese/Vietnamese/Mongolian degree: APS certificate (original) issued by the Academic Evaluation Office
- Form requesting subject-specific additional information