Project - Analog CMOS Circuit Design (SS)
In this project, the students will design and layout various analog modules in an advanced sub-micron CMOS technology. The combination of the realized modules is integrated into a toplevel design. The students will operate the industry standard Cadence Design Environment.
This course is intended to provide hands-on design experience of modern CMOS analog circuit and systems.
Planned module contents
- Design of Biasing Networks
- Design of multistage Differential Amplifier
- Design of high-speed comparators
- Design of a Switched Capacitor Integrator
- Design of an Analog-Digital-Converter
- Toplevel design
- Layout of the modules
This project is intended for students with background in Analog CMOS Circuit Design.
Very good result in the exam "Integrated Analog Circuits / Integrierte Analogschaltungen" or similar proven experience in analog CMOS design is mandatory.
Attendance to all lab sessions is mandatory!
- Allen P.E., Holberg, D.R. "CMOS Analog Circuit Design", Oxford University Press
- Baker, R.J. "CMOS Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation", Wiley
- Razavi, B. "Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits", McGraw-Hill
- Johns, D. "Analog Integrated Circuit Design", Wiley
- Course language: English (German upon request)
- Course material: Handouts for the various modules of the project and multimedia learning tool for the design environment.