Current research interests
- Mathematical modelling of learning and decision-making in biological and artificial systems.
- Information-theoretic analysis of systems with limited processing capacity.
- Evolution of modularity, abstraction, and hierarchical structures in complex systems.
- Uncertainty in artificial decision-making systems, e.g. neural networks.
- Gottwald S., Braun D.A., Bounded Rational Decision-Making from Elementary Computations That Reduce Uncertainty, 2019, Entropy, MDPI (arXiv)
- Gottwald S., Braun D.A., Systems of bounded rational agents with information-theoretic constraints, 2019, Neural Computation, MIT Press (arXiv)
- Schach S., Gottwald S., Braun D.A., Quantifying Motor Task Performance by Bounded Rational Decision Theory, 2018, Frontiers in Neuroscience
- Hihn H., Gottwald S., Braun D.A., Bounded Rational Decision-Making with Adaptive Neural Network Priors, 2018, Artificial Neural Networks in Pattern Recognition, Springer (arXiv)
- Gottwald S., Two-term spectral asymptotics for the Dirichlet pseudo-relativistic kinetic energy operator on a bounded domain, 2018, Annales Henri Poincaré, Springer (arXiv)
For more information visit https://gttwld.de.