Mahvish has an MBA in Banking and Finance from Hailey College and an MA in International and Development Economics from University of Applied Sciences Berlin. She has professional experience as a central banker with specialization in regulatory policy formulation for the financial sector.
- Financial intermediation
- Financial regulation
- Financial crises
- Risk management
- Behavioral finance
- International trade
Is there help indeed, if there is help in need? The case of credit unions during the financial crisis, with L. Aghabarari, A. Guettler, and B. Van Doornik. Economic Inquiry (2021).
Presented at: WEAI 2020, Financial Intermediation in Emerging Markets Conference 2019, Mumbai; Banking Workshop 2018, Münster; SGF 2018, Zurich; XII Annual Seminar on Risk, Financial Stability and Banking 2017, Sao Paulo, Banco Central do Brasil.
Work in progress
The Tip of the Iceberg: Pre-Publication Revisions of Bank Financial Statements (with Andre Güttler, Lars Norden and Bernardus van Doornik)
- SS 2021, SS 2020, SS 2018: Advanced Financial Intermediation
- WS 20/21, 19/20, 18/19, 17/18, 16/17: Research in Finance
- WS 20/21: Business Unit Strategy and Corporate Finance
- SS 2019, 2018, 2017: Corporate Strategy
- WS 20/21, 18/19, 17/18: Organization of Brown Bag Seminar