- Degree: Master of Science
- Duration: 4 semesters (2 years)
- Application period:
Winter semester: 01.04. - 15.05.
- Start of programme: October
- Language: English
- Tuition Fees: 1500 Euro each semester - only for non-EU students
- Administrative fees:
ca. 180 Euro each semester
Master of Science in Biophysics
Specialization Areas - Overview
Prof. Gebhardt - research overview
Prof. Michaelis - research areas
Prof. Gottschalk - research overview
Students enrolled in the Biophysics Master will have the opportunity to perform most of the exciting experiments available at the Biophysics Institute.
Please click the button below for more information.
Dr. Rachele Fermani
Coordinator M. Sc. "Biophysics"
Office hours: Mo-Thu 9 am - 12 am
Department of Physics
89081 Ulm, Germany
Tel.: ++49 (0) 731-50-22292
Our Master Programme in Biophysics
The aim of this Master programme is to
- provide a comprehensive education and hands-on research in modern Biophysics,
- prepare students for the interdisciplinary nature of modern-day Life Sciences,
- train the students in quantitative thinking and in state-of-the-art experimental techniques close to current research.
Students enrolling in the two-year Master programme may choose in addition to core lectures in Biophysics, specialisation courses from the vast offer of Life Sciences departments, such as in Chemistry and Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine and Biology. Our programme offers a highly flexible choice of subjects and the course syllabus is intimately connected to the ongoing research within the Life Sciences at our university.
During the second year, students have the opportunity to carry out research at the academic level by completing two independent research projects, or they can choose to do an internship in an external institute to fullfill one of the research projects. The best students will have the possibility to work as lab assistant within the Biophysics Institute during their master.