Christoph Bösch has left the Institute of Distributed Systems and this page will not be updated anymore.
Dr. Christoph Bösch
Christoph Bösch received his M.Sc. degree in IT-Security (System Security Group) from the University of Bochum, Germany, in 2008. The topic of his thesis focuses on physically unclonable functions and fuzzy extractors. In 2015, he received his Ph.D. degree in the Database & the Distributed and Embedded Security research groups at the University of Twente, The Netherlands. His PhD thesis focuses on privacy enhancing technologies, especially on searchable encryption. Since 2015 he is employed as a research assistant in the Institute of Distributed Systems at Ulm University. His research focuses on applied cryptography, privacy engineering, and privacy enhancing technologies. In 2019 he completed his training as a certified data protection officer according to the Ulm model (taking into account the new EU general data protection regulation).
- Applied Cryptography
- Privacy Engineering
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies
- Security and Privacy
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Machine Learning
- Distributed Ledger
- Cyber Physical Systems
- Human Aspects/Psychology of Security and Privacy
- SunRISE - Privacy-preserving Machine Learning for IoT Devices
(Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), August 2019 - July 2022)
- SecForCars - Security for Connected Automated Cars
(Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), 2018 bis 2021)
- RoboPriv - Privacy Engineering for Automated Vehicles
(Industry, April 2017 - March 2021)
- TeSS - Key Techniques for Secure V2X Services
(Industry, December 2018 - November 2020)
- SAMPL - Secure Additive Manufacturing Platform
(Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi), November 2016 - October2019)
- PriCloud - Privacy-Preserving Distributed File Storage
(Landesstifung Baden-Württemberg, October 2015 - September 2018)
- PP-SAT - Privacy-Preserving Security for Automotive Telematics
(Industry, 2015 - 2018)
- PRIPARE - PReparing Industry to Privacy-by-design by supporting its Application in REsearch
(EU FP7, October 2013 - September 2015)
Dr. Christoph Bösch
Institute of Distributed Systems
Phone: +49 731 50-24175
- Ala'a Al-Momani, Christoph Bösch, Kim Wuyts, Laurens Sion, Wouter Joosen, and Frank Kargl. "Mitigation Lost in Translation: Leveraging Threat Information to Improve Privacy Solution Selection." Accepted at ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing — SAC 2022, PDP - Privacy by Design in Practice, April 25-29, 2022.
- Cornelia Herbert, Verena Marschin, Benjamin Erb, Dominik Meißner, Maria Aufheimer, and Christoph Bösch. "Are You Willing to Self-Disclose for Science? Effects of Privacy Awareness and Trust in Privacy on Self-Disclosure of Personal and Health Data in Online Scientific Studies – An Experimental Study." Frontiers in Big Data, section Cybersecurity and Privacy, 2021.
- Felix Engelmann, Jan Philip Speichert, Ralf God, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "Confidential Token-Based License Management." ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security — CCS Workshops, Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) Security — AMSec 2021.
- Felix Engelmann, Lukas Müller, Andreas Peter, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "SwapCT: Swap Confidential Transactions for Privacy-Preserving Multi-Token Exchanges." Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium — PoPETs 2021.4, 2021.
- Benjamin Erb, Christoph Bösch, Cornelia Herbert, Frank Kargl, and Christian Montag. "Emerging Privacy Issues in Times of Open Science." PsyArXiv, https://psyarxiv.com/u236e, June 17, 2021.
- Michael P. Heinl, Simon Gölz, and Christoph Bösch. "A Comparative Security Analysis of the German Federal Postal Voting Process." 22nd Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research — DG.O 2021, Omaha, Nebraska, U$∀, June 9-11, 2021.
- Ala'a Al-Momani, Kim Wuyts, Laurens Sion, Frank Kargl, Wouter Joosen, Benjamin Erb, and Christoph Bösch. "Land of the Lost: Privacy Patterns’ Forgotten Properties." Accepted at ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing — SAC 2021, PDP - Privacy by Design in Practice, March 22-26, 2021.
- Ala’a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "A Comparison of Data Protection Regulations for Automotive Systems." Presented at: Computers, Privacy and Data Protection Conference — CPDP 2020, Brussels, Belgium, Januar 22-24, 2020.
- Frank Kargl, Rens W. van der Heijden, Benjamin Erb, and Christoph Bösch. "Privacy in Mobile Sensing." In: Baumeister H., Montag C. (eds) Digital Phenotyping and Mobile Sensing. Studies in Neuroscience, Psychology and Behavioral Economics. Springer, 2019.
- Ala'a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "Ride and Hide: A Study on the Privacy of Ride Hailing Services." IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference — VNC 2019, Los Angeles, California, December 4-6, 2019.
- Matthias Matousek, Mohamed EL-zohairy, Ala'a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "Detecting Anomalous Driving Behavior using Neural Networks." IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium — IV 2019, Paris, France, June 9-12, 2019.
- Ala’a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, Robert Schmidt, Antonio Kung, and Christoph Bösch. "Poster: Towards a Reliable Privacy-Enhanced Model for Software Development." IEEE Security and Privacy — S&P 2019, San Francisco, CA, USA, May 23, 2019.
- Ala’a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, Robert Schmidt, Antonio Kung, and Christoph Bösch. "A Privacy-Aware V-Model for Software Development." IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops, International Workshop on Privacy Engineering — IWPE 2019, San Francisco, CA, USA, May 23, 2019.
- Christoph Bösch. "An Efficient Privacy-Preserving Outsourced Geofencing Service Using Bloom Filter." IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference — VNC 2018, Taipei, Taiwan, December 5-7, 2018.
- Ala'a Al-Momani, Frank Kargl, Robert Schmidt, and Christoph Bösch. "iRide: A Privacy-Preserving Architecture for Self-Driving Cab Service." IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference — VNC 2018, Taipei, Taiwan, December 5-7, 2018.
- Henning Kopp, Frank Kargl, Christoph Bösch, and Andreas Peter. "uMine: a Blockchain based on Human Miners." 20th International Conference on Information and Communications Security — ICICS 2018, Lille, France, October 29-31, 2018.
- Henning Kopp, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "Public Verifiable Static Proofs of Storage: A Novel Scheme & Efficiency Comparisons." 20th International Conference on Information and Communications Security — ICICS 2018, Lille, France, October 29-31, 2018.
- Stephan Kleber, Florian Unterstein, Matthias Hiller, Frank Slomka, Matthias Matousek, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "Secure Code Execution: A Generic PUF-driven System Architecture." In: 21st Information Security Conference — ISC 2018, London, UK, September 9-12, 2018.
- Felix Engelmann, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "Coloured Ring Confidential Transactions." In: Data Privacy Management, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology - ESORICS 2018 International Workshops, DPM 2018 and CBT 2018, Barcelona, Spain, September 6-7, 2018.
- Henning Kopp, Frank Kargl, Christoph Bösch, and Andreas Peter. "uMine: a Blockchain based on Human Miners (Full Version)." In: Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2018/722, https://eprint.iacr.org/2018/722, August 3, 2018.
- Matthias Matousek, Christoph Bösch, and Frank Kargl. "Poster: Privacy-Preserving Decision Trees." In: Federated Artificial Intelligence Meeting — FAIM 2018 Workshop: Privacy in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence — PiMLAI 2018, Stockholm, Sweden, July 14, 2018.
- Henning Kopp, David Mödinger, Franz Hauck, Frank Kargl, and Christoph Bösch. "Design of a Privacy-Preserving Decentralized File Storage with Financial Incentives." In: IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy Workshops — EuroS&P Workshops 2017, Workshop: IEEE Security & Privacy on the Blockchain — IEEE S&B 2017 Paris, France, April 26-28, 2017.
- Henning Kopp, Christoph Bösch, and Frank Kargl. "KopperCoin - A Distributed File Storage with Financial Incentives." In: 12th International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience — ISPEC 2016, Zhangjiajie, China, November 16-18, 2016.
- Christoph Bösch, Benjamin Erb, Frank Kargl, Henning Kopp, and Stefan Pfattheicher. "Tales from the Dark Side: Privacy Dark Strategies and Privacy Dark Patterns." Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies — PoPETS 2016, Issue 4, Pages 237–254, July, 2016.
- Matthias Matousek, Christoph Bösch, and Frank Kargl. "Using Searchable Encryption to Protect Privacy in Connected Cars." Fachgespräch Inter-Vehicle Communication 2016, Berlin, Germany, March 2016.
- Christoph Bösch. "Cryptographically Enforced Search Pattern Hiding." PhD thesis, University of Twente, January 2015.
- Christoph Bösch, Pieter Hartel, Willem Jonker, and Andreas Peter. "A Survey of Provably Secure Searchable Encryption." ACM Computing Surveys — CSUR, 47(2), 18:1-18:51, August 2014.
- Christoph Bösch, Andreas Peter, Bram Leenders, Hoon Wei Lim, Qiang Tang, Huaxiong Wang, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "Distributed Searchable Symmetric Encryption." In: Twelfth Annual International Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust — PST 2014, Toronto, Canada, 23-24 July, 2014.
- Christoph Bösch, Andreas Peter, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "SOFIR: Securely Outsourced Forensic Image Recognition." In: 39th IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing — ICASSP 2014, Florence, Italy, May 4-9, 2014.
- Christoph Bösch, Richard Brinkman, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "Method and System of Monitoring a Data Stream." P31230NL00/HSE. November 2012.
- Jonathan Petit, Christoph Bösch, Michael Feiri, and Frank Kargl. "On the Potential of PUF for Pseudonym Generation in Vehicular Networks." In: IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference — VNC 2012, Seoul, Korea (South), November 14-16, 2012.
- Christoph Bösch, Qiang Tang, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "Selective Document Retrieval from Encrypted Database." In: 15th Information Security Conference — ISC 2012, Passau, Germany, September 19 - 21, 2012.
- Christoph Bösch, Richard Brinkman, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "Conjunctive Wildcard Search over Encrypted Data." In: 8th VLDB Workshop on Secure Data Management — SDM 2011, Seattle, WA, USA, September 2, 2011.
- Christoph Bösch, Jorge Guajardo, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, Jamshid Shokrollahi, and Pim Tuyls. "Efﬁcient Helper Data Key Extractor on FPGAs." In: Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems — CHES 2008, Washington, DC, USA, August 10 - 13, 2008.
- Christoph Bösch. "Efficient Fuzzy Extractors for Reconﬁgurable Hardware." Master’s thesis, Chair for System Security, Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Science, Ruhr-University Bochum, March 2008.