We currently do not have any vacancies to fill.
- We expect you to send in an application that explicitly addresses the needs and requirements described in the job posting.
- We put a significant effort in creating a good description, so you should do so likewise in creating a good and specific application.
- In general, we do not hire people without having an explicit vacancy available. Exceptions may be, if you bring your own funding and/or are an outstanding candidate from an outstanding university with outstanding reference letters from outstanding colleagues. You get the idea? ;-) In both cases, you may send an email and we will discuss your case in detail. The more specifically your email addresses why you are the right candidate for us and we are the right place for you, the higher your chances of being read and considered. The same is valid for internships.
- We receive a lot of applications, most very unspecific, often not even mentioning our name, our University or group, or which position the candidate applies for. We consider this another form of impolite spam and just send you a reply pointing at this webpage. We hope you learn from it to raise your chances for future applications.
- If you haven't received an answer after 1 week, you may send an inquiry, but please do not just re-send your application in a second spam wave.
Please note that this policy also applies to PhD positions and internships or similar. In Germany, a PhD position is typically linked to a paid position in the institute. We also typically do not have the capacity for hosting internships. So unless we advertise positions here, it is not useful to send us applications and as we expect that you read this text when being interested in joining our group, they will be silently discarded.