Start-up funding A
The next call for proposals for Start-up funding A starts in November 2024.
The Ulm University allocates funds from the University Allowance aquired through the Excellence Strategy of the German federal and state governments to support junior researchers.
Start-up funding A is granted in the form of materials, equipment and staff for independent research projects in order to help junior researchers develop and sharpen their research profile, prepare external third-party funding applications and gain academic independence.
Please refer to application guidelines to see how exactly the funds may be used.
It is possible to submit applications for 12 or 24 months of funding.
The maximum funding amount is EUR 50,000.
Eligible are junior researchers after completing their doctorate (postdocs up until they submit their habilitation, junior professors can apply within the first year of their post) of the following faculties of Ulm University:
o Faculty of Engineering, Computer Science and Psychology
o Faculty of Mathematics and Economics
o Faculty of Natural Sciences
as well as junior researchers after completing their doctorate from institutions of the Faculty of Medicine whose head of institution is co-opted into one of the three other faculties.
Junior researchers from institutions of the Faculty of Medicine whose head of institution is not co-opted into one of the other three faculties can receive funding through the Bausteinprogramm of the Faculty of Medicine.
How to apply:
- Please take note of the funding directive.
- Please contact ProTrainU office (protrainu(at)uni-ulm.de) to arrange an appointment for personal consultation.
- Fill in and sign the application form.
- Create and enclose the require documents (see application form).
- Submit your application to ProTrainU electronically as a pdf document (protrainu(at)uni-ulm.de) and printed out by internal mail.