Coaching and Advice

The coordination office of ProTrainU will help you with most general questions about your doctoral studies or further steps in your scientific/academic career. Nevertheless, there are some fields of expertise where you have specific contact persons:

  • Graduation Office: For questions regarding the academic requirements and formalities specific to your subject you should contact the doctoral studies office of your faculty i.g. Promotionssekretariat
  • International Office: If you are an international doctoral student or young researcher you might also find advice at the International Office.
  • Promovierendenkonvent: If you want to get advice from your fellow doctoral students regarding your thesis, supervision or in cases of conflict you can contact the Promovierendenkonvent. Besides advising you in these matters this council represents the interests of doctoral students in various university committees.
  • Equal Opportunities Office: Female doctoral candidates and researchers can additionally receive individual advice and financial support at the Equal Opportunities Office.
  • Good Scientific Practice is essential for serious research. If you have any questions or remarks concerning GSP you will find more information here
  • Res.UL: As applying for funding is an essential task for every scientist in order to finance your research, Ulm University has established a structure to support members of the University when preparing proposals for external funding within the Center for Research Strategy and Support Res.Ul.
  • Technology transfer: In case you want to cooperate with companies or other associations in order to promote your work or bring your work to the market, Ulm University offers supporting structures. Your enquiries will be kept confidential. You can find more information about technology transfer here

Further Coaching Offers

Numerous offers at the University of Ulm help to reconcile work and family life. You can find more information on the family portal at:

Contact: Maria Stöckle

Individual conflict counselling as well as counselling for conflicts within and between diverse groups is offered by by Department III.

Contact: Thomas Haimerl

If you have any questions regarding your employment contract, terms, extensions, crediting of parental leave, etc., please contact your responsible case worker in the Human Resource Departement.

With questions regarding your employment or in cases of conflict you can contact the Staff Council. This council consists of personnel employed specifically to represent the rights of all employees at Ulm University and can assist you in cases of conflict.