In order to retrieve similar expressions the fuzzy search option is recommended. It is accessible as special option of the index functions. In the beginning a blank index table is displayed. The desired search term must be written into the input box . After pressing the Enter key or clicking the OK icon  the index table is filled. In front of each index term the number of deviations is written in parentheses.
The amount of resulting documents can be controlled by allowing up to four deviations (second drop- down menu  as weil as by allowing up to two types of truncation (first drop-down menu ):
- The fuzzy search of ?CHLOROMETHAN? (no error allowed) will retrieve terms such as CHLOROMETHANE, BROMOTRICHLOROMETHANE, DICHLOROETHANOL, etc.
- The fuzzy search of ?CHLOROMETHAN? (1 error allowed) will retrieve terms such as CHLOROETHANE, CHLOROETHANETHIOL, TETRAFLUORODICHLOROETHANE, etc.
- The fuzzy search of ?CHLOROMETHAN? (2 errors allowed) will retrieve terms such as CHLOROMETHYLENIMINE, DICHLOROETHENE, DICHLOROETHYNE, etc.
- The fuzzy search of ?CHLOROMETHAN? (3 errors allowed) will retrieve terms such as CHLOROETHYLENE, BROMODIFLUOROMETHANE, BUTYLDICHLOROSTANNANE, etc.
- The fuzzy search of ?CHLOROMETHAN? (4 errors allowed) will retrieve terms such as BROMOMETHANE, BUTYLCHLOROSILANE, CHLOROACETAMIDE, etc.
By clicking selected index terms the desired search terms appear at the bottom of the window and are-automatically linked by the Boolean operator OR. The selected index terms are transferred to the search mask.
The fuzzy search is also available in MGDCOM.
Back: Index Functions
Bibliographic Hitlists (review of hits)
Sorting of Bibliographic Hitlists
Single Bibliographic Documents
User Defined Format
User Defined Comments
Statistical Visualization of Bibliographic Information