- Direction from Stuttgart/Munich: Exit the highway A8 by “Ulm West“ to the B10 directed to “ Ulm/Friedrichshafen” and finally leave it at the Exit “Wissenschaftsstadt-Universität”. After approximately one kilometer turn left at the traffic lights entering “Albert-Einstein-Allee” to the “Universität-Science Park”. After 200 meters you have to turn left and after another 20 meters turn left again. Now you are on the “Helmholtzstraße”. If you stay on it to the end, you will be right in front of the buildings 18, 20 and 22 of the faculty of mathematic and economics. In close environment there is a park deck, also there are many parking sites which are connected with the “Helmholtzstraße” through sidewalks.
- Direction from Nürnberg/ Würzburg: change the highway at “Autobahnkreuz Elchingen” from the A7 to the A8 directed to Stuttgart. Exit the A8 at “Ulm West”. And follow the description to the “Helmholtzstraße” given above.
- Directions from Kempten/Memmingen: Exit the A7 at “Autobahnkreuz Hittistetten” to the B10 stay on it through the city and take the exit “Wissenschaftsstadt – Universität” and follow the description to the “Helmholtzstraße” given above.
Buses run from the train station in regular intervals. The bus lines 3 (Direction: Wissenschaftsstadt) + 5 (Direction: Wissenschaftsstadt). Please exit the bus at the bus stop "Botanischer Garten". From there you will have to walk to the faculty building. Timetable information you can find under this link.
Reimbursement according to the LRKG travel policy of the university (in short)
Hotel: max. of 80 Euros per night (excluding breakfast, parking, minibar, etc.); The settlement of the hotel invoice needs to be effected by the guest. The costs will be reimbursed afterwards.
Train: only 2nd class tickets will be reimbursed.
After your stay: Please hand in the reimbursement form together with the original travel documents (hotel invoice, train ticket, flight ticket, etc.).
Travel costs will only be reimbursed upon approval of the inviting professor.
e.g. for Invited Guest Speakers
- Please contact Bernadette Maiwald, she can help you to book a suitable hotel (with connection to public transport and at a reasonable price).
- If you wish to book a hotel room by yourself, please adhere to the Travel Expenses Policy (LRKG) of the University. The most important detailsyou can find under travel reimbursement.
e.g. for Invited Guest Scientists, Guest Professors
- Please contact Bernadette Maiwald regarding a flat for the corresponding time period. Prices vary and the payment terms need to be discussed in advance with the inviting contact person at our institute.
- Guest flats (limited number; last-minute booking is not possible)
- An office for guest scientists and guest professors may be provided by the faculty.