Information on Application
CEMMA is part of the International Graduate School in Molecular Medicine Ulm (IGradU).
All appllicants who apply for this Research Training Group are automatically members of IGradU after successfully completion of the application procedure and admission to CEMMA.
The application procedure will be handled by the coordination office of the Graduate School.
Therefore you have to use the online application platform of IGradU.
Do you find our study concept attractive and wish to participate in it? The following information will advise you about our application and selection procedures as well as the financing of PhD positions etc.
Our Selection Procedure
The formal admission requirements are as follows:
- A Master of Science degree, a four-year Bachelor of Science degree, a German diploma, a German state examination or an equivalent degree in either the life sciences, physics, chemistry, informatics or a related field
- An overall grade of 2,0 or better according to the German grading system.
Applicants who meet with our formal admission criteria are invited to our PhD Selection Days taking place at Ulm University. On these days, applicants give an oral presentation in English on the topic of their master thesis and are personally interviewed by representatives of the school.
Following our PhD Selection Days, applicants will be admitted to the PhD programme on condition that:
- The candidate’s oral presentation and the personal interviews have been evaluated with an overall grade of 2,0 or better according to the German grading system.
- The applicant has demonstrated above average English language skills during the presentation and the personal interviews.
- A potential supervisor has given a written statement accepting the applicant as a PhD student.
If you wish to apply for CEMMA, please use the online application platform of the International Graduate School in Moleculer Medicine Ulm.
- All documents must be in pdf format.
- All submitted documents must be in English or German. If original documents are not in English or German, certified translations are required. Please provide copies of the original documents AND translations!
- Applicants from abroad who are invited to our PhD Selection Days can request financial support to cover their travel costs.
- The presentation at Ulm University is part of our selection procedure and cannot be replaced by telephone interviews.
Please note that applicants who succeed in our PhD Selection Days can only be accepted for the PhD programme if they have been accepted for a PhD position by CEMMA or by a supervisor from Ulm University.