The alumni’s feedback is an important source for Ulm University for adapting study terms to the needs of our students and ease the graduates' transition into work life.
Application of results
The results of the alumni survey will be used by Ulm University for the quality development of higher education and will be published into the report on teaching ("Bericht zur Lehre").
University members can download the reports on teaching from the website of the executive support unit Quality Development, Reporting and Revision.
The information we gain provides various approaches for the development of our study programs and the improvement of our service centers.
Based on the results of the survey, our departments will be able to evaluate their study programs. They can assess whether the skills they teach match their alumni’s’ occupational needs and experiences.
We also can specifically expand the course offers for key qualifications we offer. Insights regarding study and career paths are utilised by the Career Service and the academic advisors.
Results of former alumni surveys:
Every other year Ulm University conducts a general alumni survey. During fall term 2020/2021 we contact every alumni of 2019 and invite them to participate in our survey.
The central topics of our survey are:
- Study programme and study progress
- Retrospective evaluation of the study experience
- Employment situation of graduates
- Transition into first job
- Qualification and occupation, career success
- Relationship between study and job, job satisfaction
- The information you provide will be treated confidentially according to German data protection regulations.
- Ulm University will not pass your contact data to any other third party.
- The data will only be used for evaluating study and employment conditions and for scientific research on higher education.
- The data of the surveyed persons are anonymous upon entry and cannot be connected to address data.
- The contact data you provide will be stored separately from the survey data.
- Address or personal data are not part of any statistical evaluations.
- The results are published in the form of reports which do not allow any conclusions regarding individual persons. For instance, no analyses are done if the sample size for a question is n<6.
How does Ulm University get my home address?
As per the statute on the collection and processing of personal data, the University collected and stored the alumni's home addresses in electronic form at the time of graduation. These address data are compiled exclusively for the purpose of conducting the alumni survey. As the saved addresses of the graduates are not always up to date a year after graduation, we might update the addresses as needed by way of collaborating with the resident registration offices and post offices as well as conducting an internet search.
What is the purpose of the access code?
Each alumni receives a randomly generated access code. With this code participants can access the online questionnaire (sufficiently protecting it from unauthorized access). Through monitoring the use of access codes it is also possible to see who has already filled in the questionnaire. These alumni then will not receive further reminders (up to four contacts during the course of the survey are possible). An identification through the access code and the responses in the questionaire is not possible at any time.
I've already answered the survey, why was I invited to participate again?
There might be a temporal overlap with the reminder and your participation. Verifying the not used access codes your code was mentioned.
Who will answer my further questions?
For further questions please contact the executive support unit Quality Development, Reporting and Revision:
Rüdiger Fiebig, Director of the Evaluation Service
Phone: +49 (0)731/50-25104 email: ruediger.fiebig(at)uni-ulm.de
or Lydia Jeske
Phone: +49(0)731/50-25103 email: lydia.jeske(at)uni-ulm.de
Ulm University Alumni's of 2019 are cordially invited to participate in our 2020/2021 alumni survey, running november 2020 until february 2021. The personal access code are received by email or by mail.
You have already received your personal access code? START survey.