Dr. Marvin Schiller
I worked as a postdoctoral researcher for the University of Ulm from October 2012 till November 2018. My main interests are knowledge representation and cognitive modelling. In December 2018, I joined Robert Bosch GmbH.
My current research combines automated reasoning in description logics with natural language generation. This way, the reasoning process and the required knowledge to justify why a derivable statement holds can be made transparent to users who are not familiar with the underlying formalisms.
Currently I am a member of the study commission for the program <link in fakultaet studium studiengaenge cognitive-systems>Master of Cognitive Systems. I have been a PC member for the conference KESW (2014,2015,2016). My reviewing activity is currently focused on the following conferences: AAAI (2013, 2015), KI (2013, 2016), IJCAI (2016), IJCAR (2016), ESWC (2017) and the DL workshop (2013,2014,2015).
- TA for Lecture Course "Introduction to Computer Science for Psychologists" (WS 2016/2017)
- Seminar facilitator for the "Seminar Cognitive Modeling" (SS 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) (in German, together with Dr. Florian Schmitz, Juniorprof. Birte Glimm, Prof. Oliver Wilhelm)
- Head TA for "Introduction to Computer Science" (WS 2013/2014, WS 2014/2015)
- TA for "Semantic Web Essentials"
- TA for Lecture course "Algorithms in Knowledge Representation"
- TA for Einführung in die Künstliche Intelligenz (WS 2012/2013), Uni Ulm
- Head TA for Stammvorlesung Künstliche Intelligenz (WS 2006/2007), Uni des Saarlandes
Currently I work in the SFB-funded project "Do it yourself, but not alone: Companion-Technologie für die Heimwerkerunterstützung".
I supervise students' theses and projects that fit my scientific expertise.
Currently I am developing a software that translates derivations in description logic to natural-language text (in English). The code of the prototype is available on github: