Prof. Dr. Georg Gebhardt (Head of the Institute)
- 1992 - 1997: Diplom-Volkswirt (equiv. MSc in Economics), University of Munich
- 1995 - 1996: Exchange Student, Georgetown University, Washington D.C., USA
- 1997 - 2002: PhD in Economics (Dr. oec. publ.; summa cum laude), University of Munich, Thesis Title: "Venture Capital, Takeovers and Time-Varying Risk Premia: Three Essays in Financial Economics"
- 2009: Habilitation (Venia Legendi), Economics, University of Munich
- 1997 - 2002: Research and teaching assistant at the Department of Economics at the University of Munich
- 2002 - 2009: Assistant Professor (C1) at the Department of Economics at the University of Munich
- 2003 - 2004: Visiting Scholar at the University of Chicago, Graduate School of Business, Chicago, USA
- 2009 - 2010: Full Professor without tenure (W3) at the Department of Economics , University of Cologne
- Since 2010: Full Professor (W3) at the Department of Mathematics and Economics, Ulm University
- CESifo Research Fellow
- "Social Dilemmas in the Laboratory and the Field" (with Florian Englmaier), Journal of Economic Behavior or Organization, Vol. 128 (2016), 85-96.
- “How competitive is cross-border trade of electricity? Theory and evidence from European electricity markets ” (with Felix Höffler), Energy Journal , Vol. 34 Issue 2 (2013), 125-154
- "Does Relationship Specific Investment Depend on Asset Ownership? Evidence from a Natural Experiment in the Housing Market", Journal of the European Economic Association, Vol.11 Issue 1 (2013), 201-227
- "Investment Decisions with Loss Aversion over Relative Consumption", Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol. 80 (2011), 68-73
- "A Soft Budget Constraint Explanation for the Venture Capital Cycle", German Economic Review, Vol. 10 Issue 1 (2009), 71-90.
- "Auctions to Implement Efficient Market Structure" (mit Achim Wambach), International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 26 No. 3 (2008), 846-859.
- "Conditional Allocation of Control Rights in Venture Capital Contracts" (with Klaus M. Schmidt), Zeitschrift für Betriebswirtschaft, Special Issue 5 (2006), 39-52.
- "Inequity Aversion, Financial Markets, and Output Fluctuations", Journal of European Economic Association, Vol. 2 Issue. 2-3 (2004), 229-239.
- "Der Markt für Venture Capital: Anreizprobleme, Governance Strukturen und staatliche Intervention" (with Klaus M. Schmidt), Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Vol. 3 Issue. 3 (2002), 235-255.
- “The Impact of the Internet on Retail Competition: Evidence from Technological Differences in Internet Access“
Thursday, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
To make an appointment, send an e-mail to: vanessa.fink(at)uni-ulm.de