Tutorial: Introduction to Hierarchical Task Network (HTN) Planning
At ICAPS 2018, Pascal Bercher and Daniel Höller gave a half-day tutorial about Hierarchical Task Network (HTN) Planning.
The tutorial was split into two parts, both presented by Pascal and Daniel. Topics included:
- Standard Problem Formalization
- Features that can be compiled away
- Standard restrictions on the general problem
- Complexity results for standard problem restrictions
- Expressivity analysis
- Solving HTN problems via plan space search
- Solving HTN problems via progression search
- Solving HTN problems via compilation to STRIPS
- Solving HTN problems via compilation to SAT
- A heuristic based on a Task-Decomposition Tree
- A family of heuristics based on a relaxed compilation
- Excursion: Introduction to non-HTN hierarchical planning formalizations
You can download the slides for Part I and Part II. Contact us if you have further questions!
You can also check out the website for the First ICAPS Workshop on Hierarchical Planning organized by us.