Dr. Yevgeny Kazakov
I work at the Institut for Artificial Intelligence as a Research Fellow since 2011.
My main research interests are knowledge representation and automated reasoning, and specifically, reasoning support for description logics, ontology languages, such as OWL, and decidable fragments of first-order logic. I have been actively working on the topic of modularity in ontologies together with Bernardo Cuenca-Grau, Ian Horrocks, and Uli Sattler, and also did some theoretical research on extensions of description logics, modal logics, and ontology languages with expressive features, such as complex role inclusion axioms, graded modalities / counting, role conjunctions, and conjunctive queries. Studying theoretical properties of various reasoning tasks is an exciting research area, but it is even more satisfying to develop procedures that work in practice. I have been involved in the development of a few ontology reasoning systems, such as CB, ConDOR, and ELK, which implement optimized consequence-based reasoning procedures, and I am interested in almost all aspects of algorithm optimizations, such as efficient data structures, goal-directed, incremental reasoning, and concurrency.
- General co-chair of the Description Logic Workshop 2013
- Guest Editor of the JAIR special track on Description Logics
- PC co-chair of the Description Logic Workshop 2012
- PC member of conferences IJCAI 2016, KR 2016, IJCAI 2015, ISWC 2014, KR 2014, IJCAI 2013, IJCAR 2012, KR 2012, IJCAI 2011, AAAI 2010, IJCAI 2009, ESWC 2009, ESWC 2008, ECAI 2008, ISWC 2007, and workshops DL 2019, DL 2018, IWIL 2018, DL 2017, JOWO 2017, DL 2016, PAAR 2016, DL 2015, IWIL 2015, ORE 2015, PAAR 2014, DL 2014, ORE 2014, ORE 2013, AIW 2012, DL 2012, IWIL 2012, PAAR 2012, DL 2011, DL 2010, DL 2009, DL 2007.
- Invited referee of Artificial Intelligence Journal (AIJ), Journal of Applied Logic (JAL), Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR), Journal of Automated Reasoning (JAR), Journal of Logic and Computation (JLC), Journal of Data Semantics (JODS), Journal of Symbolic Computation (JSC), Journal of Web Semantics (JWS), SIAM Journal of Computing (SICOMP), Journal of Theoretical Computer Science (TCS), Journal o Theory and Practice of Logic Programming (TPLP), conferences IJCAI 2019, MFCS 2019, IJCAI 2018, IJCAI 2017, IJCAR 2017, JCAR 2016, LICS 2015, TABLEAUX 2015, AAAI 2014, LICS 2013, ISWC 2012, AIMSA 2010, IJCAR 2010, KR 2010, TCS 2010, LICS 2009, WWW 2009, KR 2008, RTA 2008, WWW 2008, IJCAI 2007, LPAR 2007, TABLEAUX 2007, IJCAR 2006, KI 2005, LPAR 2006, TABLEAUX 2005, LICS 2004, CSL 2004, LPAR 2003, and workshops DL 2008, M4M 2005.