For Incomings: Study Abroad at Ulm University

Master Courses Chemistry

In the Chemistry Master's course of studies nearly all of the courses are taught in English.

Research-oriented Lab Courses ("project works") can be carried out at any time after consultation and determination with a supervising university teacher of the corresponding institute. The scope of a project includes 5 weeks of full-time work (180 h). It concludes with a written elaboration as well as a talk in the institute seminar and is rewarded with 9 credit points. If necessary, a grading can be made, by default, however, project works are not graded. The aim of the project work is an independent participation in the current research and development of current topics using modern experimental methods.

Master Courses Chemical Engineering and Energy Science and Technology

In the Chemical Engineering and Energy Science and Technology master program nearly all of the courses are taught in English.

Contacts Chemistry

  • For Students

    Dr. Christian Vogl
    Academic Advisor
    Department of Chemistry

    Ulm University
    Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
    89081 Ulm / Germany

    Room: O25/446
    Phone: +49 (0) 731-50-22932

    MSc Advanced Materials, Energy Science and Technology
    BSc Chemieingenieurwesen & MSc Chemical Engineering

    Universität Ulm
    Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
    89069 Ulm / Deutzschland

    Raum: N25/3102
    Telefon: +49 (0) 731-50-22290

  • For Institutions

    Prof. Dr. Carsten Streb
    Erasmus+ Coordinator
    Department of Chemistry

    Institute of Inorganic Chemistry I
    Ulm University
    Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
    89081 Ulm / Germany

    Room: O25/644
    Phone: +49 (0) 731-50-23867

Lab Courses

Places in lab courses, in which students conduct their own experiments, are limited. Priority is given to students who are enrolled in full-degree studies at Ulm University. You may list lab courses on your Learning Agreements, but you should be prepared that you may not get a place in one of those courses.

Lab Safety

Students usually have to attend a safety briefing prior to the start of a lab course. In case there should be serious doubts that a student will be able to respond to instructions due to poor linguistic competence and/or academic preparation, participation in the lab may be denied in order to avoid hazards.

Please note:

In order to attend master courses, you must have master level. This means that by the time you start your studies at Ulm University,

  • either you must have formally completed a bachelor degree
  • or you must have finished three years of successful studies at a university (i.e. completed approx. 180 ECTS).

At the time of your application to Ulm University you should have completed approx. 150 ECTS.