German applicants and applicants enrolled in an Ulm University programme apply directly via the university's online application system. Other applicants apply online via uni-assist. For details, please check the application website.
Application period for the winter semester: 01 February - 15 March (cut-off period)
The precise legal rules for the application process are defined in the admission statutes (Zulassungsordnung). For your convenience, we explain the most important points here; if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Be sure to include the following documents to demonstrate that you are qualified to enroll in the MSc Cognitive Systems. All documents must be in English or German.
- An official copy of your BSc degree in Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or a related degree. For the latter, your course contents should to at least three quarters overlap with those of the listed degrees. The BSc course duration should at least have been three years. The grade of your bachelor's degree must be 2.6 or better. If you did not yet complete your bachelor's degree, you must already have achieved 140 ECTS with an average mark of 2.9 or better.
- An official copy of your “diploma supplement” document, which lists all the courses you have taken for your first degree. The list must specify the grade and number of credit points for each course.
- A declaration that you have never been expelled from an MSc degree program in Germany.
- If you are not a native English speaker and you have no university degree completely taught in English, we require a proof of an adequate command of English of level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) through Test of English as a Foreign Language, TOEFL, with at least 88 points in the internet-based TOEFL; 570 points in the paper-based TOEFL; or 230 points in the computer-based TOEFL; or any comparable proof such as IELTS with a minimum of 6.5 points.
- If your documents are not in German or English, please provide a certified translation.
When we have more applicants than we can enroll, we will rank applicants according to their grades of their BSc degrees. You can add additional points through the following qualifications. Please enclose the relevant documents with your application if you wish us to consider them.
- Proficiency in practical computer science (with programming in higher level languages) of 6 ECTS.
- Participation in interdisciplinary projects or professional experience (at least six months) with a thematic connection to the program.
- Substantial periods of study or research abroad.
- Expertise relevant to the course through previously attended lectures.
Each qualification raises your average degree by 0.1 points (programming skills by 0.2 points). The overall improvement is limited to 0.3 points.
Interested students who have submitted their application documents will be examined according to the documents in the admission procedure. A ranking list for the restricted study program is drawn up from the documents and the assessment of further criteria. The regulations for admission are laid down in the admissions statutes. The statutes of the English-language MSc Program Cognitive Systems can be found at the following link Admissions statutes of Ulm University for the consecutive English-taught master's programme in Cognitive Systems of 1 July 2021.
For general inquiries on Cognitive Systems
|Academic Advisor |
Dr. Markus Maucher
Study Commission Computer Science
Phone: +49 731 /50-24106
WhatsApp: +49 152 /22543165
Fax: +49 731 /50-24102
Room: O27 3206
Dr. Sandra Mann
Tel.: +49 731 /50-26004
Room: 027 3206
|Electronic phone directory of Ulm University|