Mentoring & Training
MuT - Mentoring and Training is a programme for the advancement of highly qualified female junior academics in the federal state of Baden-Württemberg. Eligible for participation are female academics who are working towards or already have their PhD or postdoctoral teaching qualification (Privatdozentinnen and Habilitandinnen), postdocs and Juniorprofessoren.
In a mentoring relationship the mentor helps to guide the junior academic with knowledge and experience and gives them an idea of the values and norms of the scientific community. The person being mentored may benefit in the following ways:
- utilising the mentor’s experience and knowledge,
- obtaining advice on how to develop their qualification profile,
- receiving guidance in situations of professional orientation,
- creating opportunities to take on special tasks.
The workshops are being developed, organised and facilitated in alignment with the participants’ suggestions and needs:
- job application training, (professorship) appointments,
- acquisition of third-party funds,
- communication and motivation,
- conflict management,
The participation fees for researchers from Ulm University are refunded by the Office for Gender Equality.
Here is how it’s done:
- Sign up for the event with LaKoG.
- Upon receipt of confirmation letter please remit participation fee to LaKoG/University of Stuttgart account.
- Send reimbursement form to Office for Gender Equality within four weeks after the event along with the following enclosures: LaKoG confirmation letter, proof of payment, certificate of attendance.