The Gender Equality Officer advises the University bodies and committees regarding matters of gender equality and reviews the implementation and effects of gender equality policies. She contributes to appointment procedures and chairs the Senate Commission on equality among academic staff and students. The Gender Equality Officer prepares gender equality concepts and policies in collaboration with the Office for Gender Equality (Equal Opportunities) and implements these together with faculties and administration. She furthermore advises and supports academic staff and students in regards to their academic careers.
The faculties perform their tasks in research and teaching largely autonomously within the framework of academic self-administration. The Equality Commission is composed of the Faculty Gender Equality Officers as representatives of the faculties as well as the central Gender Equality Officer and her deputies. The Equality Commission advises the Senate on gender equality issues.
The Office for Gender Equality seeks to continuously improve the general structural conditions for equality in the academic world and develops policies that support this process.
The Medical Faculty organises its gender equality work via the faculty's internal Commission for the Promotion of Equal Opportunities. The Commission also coordinates the Hertha Nathorff Programme for female medical researchers.
The Equal Opportunities Officer offers advice and support in all matters and interests of equal opportunities with regard to non-academic staff, apprentices and civil servants.
Equal Opportunities Officer at Ulm University
The Equal Opportunities Unit (Gleichstellungsreferat) of the student representative body (StuVe) is contact point for all questions concerning equal treatment of different groups of students at Ulm University. The focus lies on students facing additional challenges and burdens during their studies.
The Family Service at Ulm University serves as a central contact point for all family-related questions regarding studies, career and family (e.g. childcare options, caregiving for family members, holiday childcare, pregnancy, etc.)
The Representative for Severely Disabled Employees offers advice and support to the employees of Ulm University as well as academic staff of the University Medical Centre. Students can contact the Studierendenwerk (student services) Ulm as well as the Representative for Students with a Disability or Chronic Illness at the Zentrale Studienberatung (central student advisory services).
The contact persons inform members and affiliates of Ulm University about internal and external advisory services and sources of information with regard to discrimination, sexual harassment and violence. All conversations are of course subject to confidentiality.
Here you can find an overview of all contact persons at Ulm University.
M24 Room 238
- Center of Excellence Women and Science (CEWS)
- German Medical Women's Association
- DFG | Equal Opportunities in Science
- European Science Foundation
- FemConsult | Women Scientists' Database
- Contact Point Women into EU Research (FiF) | Department of Equal Opportunities in Education and Research of German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Association of Women University Graduates of Germany (Deutscher Akademikerinnenbund e.V.)
- Federal Conference of Women's Representatives and Equal Opportunities Officers at Universities (BuKoF)
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth
- Gender Studies Association
- Free University of Berlin: Center for the Promotion of Women's and Gender Studies
- Free University of Berlin: Toolbox Gender & Diversity
- Ministry of Employment and Social Order, the Family, Women and Senior Citizens of the State of Baden-Württemberg
- Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts of the State of Baden-Württemberg
- Centre for transdisciplinary Genderstudies at the Humboldt University