- from 19–21 June 2023 (Monday to Wednesday) at Ulm University
- mathematical celebration in honour of Tom ter Elst's 60th birthday
- talks by invited speakers, programme ends at noon on Wednesday
- conference dinner on Monday evening
Elliptic and parabolic equations: interplay of asymptotics, regularity and geometry
Mini-Conference in Ulm, June 2023
Organizers: Wolfgang Arendt, Manfred Sauter, Rico Zacher
Elliptic and parabolic equations are a vast field with abundant applications and intense research in many directions. In this context, the mini-conference will put a spotlight on the topics of asymptotics, regularity and geometry. We bring together an international group of diverse researchers in a small-scale and personal setting.
- Charles Batty (University of Oxford)
- Jussi Behrndt (Technische Universität Graz)
- Tim Binz (Technische Universität Darmstadt)
- Dorin Bucur (Savoy Mont Blanc University)
- Ralph Chill (Technische Universität Dresden)
- Daniel Daners (University of Sydney)
- Clément Denis (Aix-Marseille University)
- Jochen Glück (Bergische Universität Wuppertal)
- Robert Haller (Technische Universität Darmstadt)
- James Kennedy (University of Lisbon)
- Sylvie Monniaux (Aix-Marseille University)
- El Maati Ouhabaz (University of Bordeaux)
- Malte Peter (Universität Augsburg)
- Joachim Rehberg (Weierstraß Institut Berlin)
- David Seifert (Newcastle University)
- Gieri Simonett (Vanderbilt University)
- Hendrik Vogt (Universität Bremen)
Thank you for taking part in our mini-conference!
Locations, how to get there and lunch
- Talks take place in room 220 on the second level of Helmholtzstr. 18, the Mathematics and Economics faculty building at Ulm University.
- All locations in the city centre are really close to Rathaus (and thus in particular, to the Hotel am Rathaus). This includes the Ristorante Italiano San Remo, the restaurant Krone Ulm, the City Library and the Ulm Minster, of course.
- You can get to Ulm University most easily and efficiently from the city centre via tram line no. 2 (e.g. from stop Theater to stop Universität Süd). You can walk to Theater or take bus no. 5 from Rathaus. We recommend to simply get the day ticket Tageskarte (Stadtgebiet) which is 4.80 € for the whole Ulm city area and costs the same or less than two single trip tickets.
- Lunch options include the Mensa right at the Universität Süd entrance, or the Biergarten at Ulm botanical gardens, which is right in the middle of the way between Universität Süd and the Mathematics and Economy faculty building. In the Mensa you have to pay with card and guest prices apply. Since the salad buffet is charged by weight, it can be a resonably priced option for guests. Of course, there are also various Cafeterieas, the Campus Diner and other possible options.