Numerical Methods for Ordinary Differential Equations (Numerik 4)
The course "Numerical Methods for Ordinary Differential Equations (Numerik 4)" is of type 2+1+1 SWS and takes place in summerterm 2020. It consists of one 2-hour lecture and one 2-hour exercise per week.
- Please contact Stefan Hain if there are any questions about the lecture or exercise class.
- Please register in Moodle. You can get the password for registration from Stefan Hain.
- Due to the special circumstances this course will be a self-study course with online support by the lectures.
- Lecture notes are available.
- Numerical methods for initial value problems of ODEs.
- Stiff ODEs.
- Numerical methods for bounday value problems of ODEs.
- Tuesday, 08:00 - 10:00, in Heho18 - 220
Procedure of the lecture
- For your self-study for the lecture we will provide (in addition to the exercise class)
- a timetable from which you can see what sections must be worked out independently on a weekly basis and
- a list of questions, which should help you for working out the most important points of the sections.
- In addition Prof. Dr. K. Urban will provide short tutorial videos every week, which contain additional information on the sections.
- During the lecture time (Tue, 08:00 - 10:00) Prof. Dr. K. Urban will be available (e.g. by EMail. Video conferences are also possible).
- Thursday, 14:00 - 16:00, in Heho18 - 220
Procedure of the exercise class
- For your self-study of the exercise we will provide (in addition to the lecture) detailed solutions of the exercise sheets, which have to be provessed weekly:
- Exercise points will be managed the Moodle system. So please register there for the lecture.
- The assessment of the exercises take place via Moodle by submitting solutions of the edited tasks. The solutions has to be submitted until 2pm on the day of the exercise class.
- You have to be available during the exercise class time (e.g. by EMail). People can be selected randomly for explaining their solutions to S. Hain via a video conference.
- If the impression arises that the edited tasks cannot be explained enough the entire sheet is rated with 0 points.
- In addition, S. Hain will be provide short tutorial videos regularly (but not every week).
- During the exercise class time (Thu, 14:00 - 16:00) S. Hain will be available (e.g. by EMail. Video conferences are also possible).
- 70% of the theory points as well as 70% of the Matlab points must be edited.