Bachelor's or Master's theses
- You can find possible topics for theses here.
Stochastics at school
Teachers find current topics and literature for course papers in probability here.
A focus on stochastics
Here, students can find, among other things, student plans and lectures with a focus on stochastics that will be offered in coming semesters.
- Dr. Steffen Winter (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology), 03.05.2018 - 05.05.2018
- Prof. Martin Schlather (University Mannheim), 08.06.2018
- Dr. Marco Oesting (Universität Siegen), Extremal Behaviour of Aggregated Data with an Application to Downscaling, Monday, 22. January 2018, 14:00, Ulm University, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 1.20
- Dr. Felix Ballani (TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Institut für Stochastik), Stochastic modelling of particles by random convex polyhedra, Freitag, 26. Januar 2018, 14:30 Uhr, Universität Ulm, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 220
- Prof. Yimin Xiao (Michigan State University), Analytic and Geometric Properties of Stable Random Fields, Tuesday, 6. March 2018, 14:00, Ulm University, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 220
- Dr. Teppei Ogihara (University of Tokyo), Parametric Inference for diffusion processes with noisy nonsynchronous observations, Tuesday, 17. April 2018, 14:00, Ulm University, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room E20
- Judith Olszewski (Ulm University), Asymtotische Eigenschaften einer Scan Statistik für zufällige Maße, Tuesday 24. April 2018, 14 Uhr, Helmholtzstr. 22, Room 222
- Viet Hoang (Ulm University), The Lp norm of sums of translates of a function, Tuesday 24. April 2018, 16 Uhr, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 220
- Dr. Steffen Winter (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology), Geometric functionals of fractal percolation, 4. May 2018, 14:30, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 220
- Dr. Marco Oesting (Ulm University), Equivalent representations of max-stable processes via alpha-stable processes, Tuesday 15. Mai 2018, 16 Uhr, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 220
- Prof. Martin Schlather (Universität Mannheim), Some new variogram models for univariate and bivariate random fields, 8. June 2018, 14:30, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 220
- Marc Schneble (Ulm University), Prediction and Error Estimation of the United States Monthly Precipitation by Super-Ensemble Canonical Correlation Analysis, Tuesday 12. June 2018, 16:15, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 220
- Albert Rapp (Ulm University), Alpha-Stable Long Range Dependent Random Fields, Tuesday 17. July 2018, 16 Uhr, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 220
- Dr. Dmitry Zaporozhets (St. Petersburg, Department of Steklov Institute), Angles of Random Polytopes, Friday 16. November 2018, 14:30, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room E20
- Dr. Mathieu De Langlard (École nationale d'ingénieurs de Saint-Étienne, France), Stochastic geometry for the 3D characterization of dense populations of particles: Application to two-phase flow, Friday 21. December 2018, 14:30, Helmholtzstr. 18, Room 220
Workshops / Conferences
- Workshop STOCHASTIKA 2017 (February 5 to February 10, 2017, Kohutka, Czech Republic)
- 14th Symposium on Fuel Cell and Battery Modeling and Experimental Validation (March 2 to March 3, 2017, Karlsruhe)
- International Workshop on Simulation Science (April 27 to April 28, 2017, Göttingen)
- 9th International Conference on Porous Media (May 8 to May 11, 2017, Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- 19th Workshop on Stochastic Geometry, Stereology and Image Analysis (May 15 to May 19, 2017, Marseille, France)
- 6th International Summit on Hurricanes and Climate Change: From Hazard to Impact (June 4 to June 9, 2017, Heraklion/Crete, Greece)
- 12th European Congress for Stereology and Image Analysis (September 11 to September 14, 2017, Kaiserslautern)
- Metallographie/Materialographie-Tagung: Metalle, Keramik, Polymere (September 13 to September 15, 2017, Aalen)
- Physics and Mechanics of Random Structures: from Morphology to Material Properties, International Workshop in Honor of Dominique Jeulin (June 17 to June 23, 2018, Peninsula of Oléron, France)
Here recent press articles related to our institute can be found.