The lecture will be held in English.
See Moodle, for the planned course dates.
All documents for the lecture can be found in Moodle. So please register for the lecture in Moodle. On the course website in Moodle, you can also find all the information necessary for the running of the course.
Designated topics are:
- Introduction to financial markets, financial and insurance products and derivatives
- Basic concepts about valuation
- Primary securities, derivatives and their valuation
- Risk and risk measures
See Moodle, for the dates of and further information on the exam.
Within the lecture, it is possible to achieve the certificate of the German actuarial society (DAV) in "Finanzmathematik und Risikobewertung" (PO 5). This certificate is a basic requirement for becoming an actuary in Germany.
See Moodle, for the requirements for achieving the DAV certificate and for further information on the DAV supplement course and exam.
The lecture is oriented at master students from "Mathematics and Management", "Economics" or "Finance".
- Hull: Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives, Prentice Hall, 8th edition, 2012, Chapters 1, 2, 9.1, 9.3, 9.4
- Other references: see specifications in lecture slides