- The lecture will be held in English.
- German title of the lecture: Wert- und risikoorientierte Steuerung von Versicherungsunternehmen
Risk Management in Insurance/Wert- und risikoorientierte Steuerung von Versicherungsunternehmen
All documents for the lecture can be found in Moodle. So please register for the lecture in Moodle. On the course website in Moodle, you can also find all the information necessary for the running of the course.
This course provides an introduction to the basics of risk management in insurance. The lecture will be held completely in English. Designated topics are:
- Risk measures, economic capital and capital allocation
- Aspects of Solvency II
- Financial accounting
- Control parameters and performance indicators
- Interest rate risk
- State preference theory
- Equity options and the Black-Scholes-Merton model
- Portfolio planning and optimal decision theory
See Moodle, for the dates of and further information on the exam.
Within the lecture, it is possible to achieve the certificate of the German actuarial society (DAV) in "Unternehmenssteuerung" (PO 5). Note that this certificate is equivalent to "Wertorientiertes Risikomanagement" (PO 3).
This certificate is a basic requirement for becoming an actuary in Germany.
See Moodle, for the requirements for achieving the DAV certificate and for further information on the DAV supplement course and exam.
The lecture is oriented at master students from "Mathematics and Management", "Economics" or "Finance" interested in insurance and actuarial science. Useful but not necessary are the lectures "Insurance Economics" and "Life-, Health- and Pension-Mathematics".
- John C. Hull (2012), Risk Management and Financial Institutions, John Wiley & Sons
- Marcus Kriele and Jochen Wolf (2016), Wertorientiertes Risikomanagement von Versicherungsunternehmen, Springer
- Other references: see specifications in lecture slides