Preparing for Your Departure
After having successfully completed your doctorate at Ulm University and if you plan to leave Germany, there are some things you have to consider.
Please make sure to cancel all relevant contracts or agreements before the due time. Contracts you might cancel are:
- Rental agreement
- Utility contracts (if not included in the rental agreement)
- Communication (mobile phone, landline, internet)
- Media (TV, radio, etc.) (If you have been paying the compulsory radio and TV license fees (Rundfunkbeitrag), de-register with the ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio Beitragsservice (only in German)
- Memberships and/or subscriptions.
Furthermore, don’t forget to:
- Deregister at the local foreign nationals’ registration office
- Close your bank account.
It is possible to have your letters forwarded to your new address by Deutsche Post for a certain period of time. For the respective charges and details, click here (only in German).